Follow up to extending importer (@irishrunner16 might be interested)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Follow up to extending importer (@irishrunner16 might be interested)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pickleshy
    Participant

This is a follow up to https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/best-way-to-import-events-other-than-csv-importer/#post-111763, which has been closed. We’re actually a 2-person team. Pickleshy is the mastermind behind our endeavor; Carole is the code wrangler. Carole has some thoughts on this:

I’ve actually spent some time looking into this so that we could import existing ECP fields as well as custom fields. I came to the conclusion that it would require changes to the plugin’s code.

@Brook
    : From your reply, it sounds like Modern Tribe is willing to look at pull requests in this area. Is that right? I didn’t want to go changing code in the plugin for the same reasons that we make child themes and don’t hack core. But your reply sounds like an invitation to propose changes. If I’m misunderstanding, please clarify.

@irishrunner16
    : I have interest in pursuing extending the importer. I’m helping Pickleshy customize ECP for her website’s need and the top priority is to get the site ready. But neither of us are getting paid, so when I will be able to address the importer work or how long it will take is unknown. However, if you do decide to hire someone, I would be very interested, and it would receive higher priority.

irishrunner16
    Participant

Hi Pickleshy/Carole,

Thanks for the heads up on this! We’re looking to have the importer extended ASAP as we’re in the process of moving our existing events calendar to WordPress/TEC PRO. So provided I can find someone that is familiar with TEC plugin and the cost is within our budget, we’ll likely move forward with extending it soon. If/when we do, I’ll definitely post about it here to inform Modern Tribe and any users such as yourself that would be interested in gaining the additional functionality.

pickleshy
    Participant

@irishrunner16: (Carole here!) I’m hoping that someone from Modern Tribe chimes in and clarifies whether they’re open to changes to the plugin as part of this work. Once I’m clear on that, I would really love to talk to you about what you’re looking for. I’ve already looked at this code in this area and have some ideas to try. I’d love to discuss whether I can help and fit your budget. If you’re interested in talking, feel free to email me at carolersnyder (at) outlook (dot) com.

Casey
    Participant

pickleshy & Co,
    Thanks for your willingness to contribute to the code-base! Yes, we definitely encourage code contributions and our developers evaluate pull requests on Github at the beginning of each release cycle (typically every 4-5 weeks). I hope that answers your question, but please let me know if you need further clarification. Thanks again for being awesome members of the community! 😀

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if everyone is all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you need further help or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

irishrunner16
    Participant

@Carole – Thanks for the offer! I was able to get someone on our team here to help with creating a SQL, which allowed us to import our additional fields and get them associated with their respective events. So we won’t end up needing to hire a developer to extend the plugin at this time. However, I’ll definitely keep your contact info on file and if that changes in the future I’ll be in touch. Regardless, hope that you are able to get a solution for your situation!

@Casey – thanks for the info. Great to know that code contributions are always being considered. With that said I’m all set here, but I’ll let Pickleshy speak for herself/Carole. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Follow up to extending importer (@irishrunner16 might be interested)’ is closed to new replies.