Flags Google Map and format price

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Flags Google Map and format price

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    gian
    Participant

Hello,
    I need to solve some problems.
    1) Once you enter an event, if you want to edit it, the two flags of the map are disabled and the date and time are reset.
    It is necessary that they remain enabled always, better if they are enabled as default.
    2) When I enter an event and insert the price, if I point the price expressed in Euro with a comma instead of a point, then it’s impossible to have right search results.
    Thank you

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Gian,

Thank you for posting. I am glad to help you. I am not 100% that I am understanding you correctly though. šŸ™

1) You posted this in the “Community Events” plugin so I am assuming that you are talking about when one of your community users posts an event from the public submission form, then edit the venue. When I go in and do this in my stock website it edits fine. There is only one flag on the map both before and after my edit, and it indicates the most recent update that I have saved. Could you possibly provide some screenshots of the problem? And maybe some detailed steps on how I can reproduce this issue?

2) What search results? Are you trying to filter by date using the filterbar? Right now the cost filter in our filterbar is not working properly. We are planning to fix it as soon as possible.

Does that make sense? Please let me know. Cheers!

– Brook

gian
    Participant

Hello I send you a picture of what I see when I enter an event. The are two flags that I post when I enter my event, one of these disappear when I go to edit it. I have also found that the time of the event inserted is reset when you users edit the event. These are big problems because often users don’t realize it and they post their events with mistakes.
    These problems don’t occur with the admin panel wordpress, but just with the Community Events form.
    As for the price, the problem is that in the submission form if you enter the price with a comma ( ā‚¬ 5,00 ) and not with the point ( ā‚¬ 5.00 )
    every search ( near to…, keyword search… ) omit results.
    This is a big bug that I hope you can resolve.
    google map
    Thank you very much for your attention and sorry for my awful English!!! šŸ˜›
    Cheers
    Gian

Brook
    Participant

Howdy gian,

Thank you so much, the screenshot and your clear descriptions really helped!

Regarding the price issue, I am not able to reproduce that. See here, I have created a euro event and separated the price with commas, and it still appears when I perform searches. This sounds a problem unique to your site, unless you are noticing something in that screenshot that I did wrong.

Also, when I posted an event from community form like a regular non-admin user, then come back and edit it, the time that I originally chose is preserved. If I change the time as a user, it updates properly. But if I do not change the time it stays the same like you would expect. I am unable to reproduce that bug as well. šŸ™

I now see what you mean about the one “flag disappearing” when you edit the event. I will report this bug at once to our developers. Thank you again for documenting it so well!

If I am missing any steps, or being unclear, please let me know. Thank you!

– Brook

gian
    Participant

Hello Brook I thought that if you want you could create an event on my site. In this way you will realize the problems that I encounter on my site. Please, try to create an event with the price in Euros with point and please try to do research in the site. You will not have any problems. Than please try to edit the event and change price with comma. At the moment of the editing the event you will realize that there will not be both flags map. Now try to do the research , you will realize that it will all be out of phase. Many risults will be omitted. Sorry for troubles Brook!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy gian,

When I created an event on your site with a euro symbol and included a comma in the price, it still Ā appear in the list results of your pages. Perhaps I still do not understand this bug?

The time did reset to 0, however. This could be a conflict with your theme or one of your plugins, since I am not seeing it in my install. The best way to test thisĀ is to try temporarily activatingĀ the default 2013 theme, and seeing if the issue persists.

If disabling the theme fixes it, we have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict. Do you have anyĀ theme overridesĀ for the Events Calendar? If so could you try disabling them by renaming your [themename]/tribe-events/ folder to ā€˜tribe-events-bakā€™. Did that fix it?

If the issue persists in the default 2013 theme, then we have a different set of debugging steps. Please keep the 2013 theme enabled, and also disable any plugins other than the ones from Modern Tribe to see if that fixes it.Ā If it does, please try reenabling the plugins one at a time until the issue resurfaces. When it does resurface, can you let me know which plugin caused that to happen?

– Brook

gian
    Participant

Hi Brook,
    I installed the theme 2013 and deactivated all plugins but the problem about the time persists.
    As for the price the problem is that if you put the comma the only search results you will get are the events with the specified price (Eg: ā‚¬ 5.00) and those where it is referred to “free” Eg: 0). Disappear all the events for which no price is stated or the events that are not marked as free.
    For the event created by you I temporarily put the point because it cause the problem.
    Thank you Gian

Brook
    Participant

Howdy gian,

Feel free to delete the event I created. I do not want it messing up your site!

I think the problem you are describing regarding cost is the known bug I mentioned at the outset, regarding the cost filter with the Filterbar not working properly. This will be fixed in an upcoming version of our Filterbar plugin. šŸ™‚

In Settings > General, what setting is “New User Default Role” set to?

Thank you for your patience Gian, and your helpful instructions on how to reproduce these problems. I hope we can get to the bottom of this. Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Hello again gian. I edited my last comment for you a bit. I had forgotten about our User Permissions panel in Community, so I was able to answer one of my questions once I replicated your settings.

Could you possibly let me know what browser you are using when you see the time reset?

Would you mind also grabbing your system information and pasting it here? Make sure to use the ā€˜Set as private replyā€™ checkbox to protect your private information from the public. You can find the system info by going to WP Admin >Ā Events >Ā Settings, clicking on the ā€œHelpā€ tab, and scrolling down to the ā€˜System Informationā€™ box. (Or by going to [yoursite]/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar&tab=help) That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose this. Hopefully something in your system information will help us solve this.

Another developer and I both retested on multiple servers to try and reproduce your problem of the event times being reset on edit, and we are unable to. Thanks for any more information you can provide. Cheers!

– Brook

gian
    Participant

Hi Brook I’ve sent you two messages setting as Private but I can’t see them and because of I haven’t received any response from you I think you can’t see them too.
    Let me know How I can send you my file system as you require.
    Thank you for your patient and your precious attention.
    Cheers
    Gian

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

gian
    Participant

Ok thank you so much.
    Gian

Brook
    Participant

Howdy gian,

We have done all that we can to try and replicate this problem, and are unable to on a variety of systems and configurations. This does not appear to be a bug that exists solely in our code.

It could be that this bug comes about due to:

• Your unique server configuration
    • A corrupted install of a plugin or even WordPress itself
    • A corrupted database
    • Some other very rare uniquity

Because I am unable to reproduce it in any of our default environments, there is nothing more I can do. I hope you understand.

– Brook

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Flags Google Map and format price’ is closed to new replies.