"Fix Venues Data" not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO "Fix Venues Data" not working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tracylove
    Participant

I have 2 events that are not showing on my Maps display. In settings, it tells me “You have 2 venues for which we don’t have geolocation data….” but when I click on “Fix Venues Data” it has no effect. I’m also noticing a note at the top that says “The Google Maps API daily query limit has been reached!”

What does that mean and how can I fix it?

Geoff B.

Good evening Tracy and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are facing with the missing geolocation on your website.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

when I click on “Fix Venues Data” it has no effect. I’m also noticing a note at the top that says “The Google Maps API daily query limit has been reached!”

This most likely means that you are hosted on a shared web hosting plan.

What is going on is that not all the Google Maps API calls from our code are going through your Google Maps API key.

Therefore, it defaults to your server’s key (if any) OR your server’s IP address (which probably reaches its limit fairly quickly being shared).

Known workarounds are:

1. Try to set latitude and longitude manually for these venues (from the Edit Venue screen)
    2. Try to ask for a dedicated IP address with your web host
    3. Use a dedicated virtual web host or better

I realize these are not great workarounds, but they are the only ones available in your specific situation until a patch is released.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned, you will be contacted when the fix is released.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Courtney

Hey there Tracy

We’ve just released an update that should fix this bug. You can read more about it at http://m.tri.be/19tp. Please update your plugins and let us know if you are still experiencing this or if we can close out this ticket.

Note: We suggest testing updates on a staging server (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-using-wordpress-staging-site/).

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘"Fix Venues Data" not working’ is closed to new replies.