Fix for WooTickets "checkin" function implementation

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Fix for WooTickets "checkin" function implementation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Motorco
    Participant

I am implementing barcode checkin and found what I would call a bug in the class-wootickets implementation of the checkin function. It should check to see if the attendee was checked in already and return false if so. The current implementation is “hard-coded” for the ajaxy web form and does not account for external check ins so it would also break if there were 2 stations setup to check in attendees.
    public function checkin( $attendee_id ) {
    //actually CHECK to see if the attendee is already checked in first
    $checkedin = get_post_meta( $attendee_id, $this->checkin_key, 1);
    if ( $checkedin ){
    //Oops, this is not what we expect, right?
    return false;
    } else {
    update_post_meta( $attendee_id, $this->checkin_key, 1 );
    do_action( ‘wootickets_checkin’, $attendee_id );
    return true;
    }
    }

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will bring it up to the developers.

I am not sure if or when we would make a change to that, but it could be something we would be interested in adding.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

I have created a ticket to look into adding this as a feature and included this ticket with it. We will update you through this ticket if we have any news. In the mean time I am closing this ticket as there is nothing more we can do.

Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Leah

Hi there,

I wanted to post here and update you. Although we weren’t able to get a fix for the issue your reported into our upcoming 3.9 release, it is still on our list to get corrected. Thank you for reporting the problem, and for your patience and support while we get a solid fix in place. We’ll update you when a solution is ready to go.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Fix for WooTickets "checkin" function implementation’ is closed to new replies.