Find Event Tab (Mobile – Default Open)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Find Event Tab (Mobile – Default Open)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    worldgolfskills
    Participant

Hello.

If you have a look at http://map.worldgolfscramble.com you’ll see that we’ve got a pretty active map with a bunch of events across the US. The problem that we’ve been noticing from our statistics is that the majority of our visitors have been going directly to our first event (Glen Eagle) when searching for events in their area and have not been using the “Find Events” dropdown.

As a result, we’re losing a lot of traffic to the specific locations we want them to go to. We’re wondering how we can set that “Find Event” dropdown to automatically be open on mobile so that the (Date/Search/Near) boxes will show and people will actually know to use it. It shows when viewing on desktop automatically but not on mobile.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins.

I have this script that might help out:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/0405ad1444c4597d3d36

If you can add that to a script file or directly to this file:

the-events-calendar\views\modules\bar.php

That should do it.

Let me know how that works out.

Thanks

worldgolfskills
    Participant

Hi Brian.

Thanks for the quick reply. I went to try and enter the script into the-events-calendar\views\modules\bar.php but that option is not available. There are some views folders, but none with the /modules/bar.php.

I also have the Events Calendar Pro installed so not sure if that makes a difference. If you could, please just let me know what folder to install it to and where in that folder you’d like me to install it and I can get it done!

Thanks so much!

Paul

Brian
    Keymaster

Pro does not have bar.php so it would not change this.

What about in your theme is there a bar.php here:

yourtheme/tribe-events/modules/bar.php

worldgolfskills
    Participant

Hi Brian. The only thing similar I can find similar is a .js:

the-events-calendar/resources/tribe-events-bar.js

Couldn’t find the bar.php in my theme either?

Brian
    Keymaster

The bar.php has to be in either the plugin view directory or in your theme in the tribe-events directory.

If not in either of those places it would not show on your site.

See if you can use a text editor such as NotePad++ and not WordPress’s to access the files by ftp.

worldgolfskills
    Participant

the-events-calendar/views/default-template.php
    the-events-calendar/views/month.php
    the-events-calendar/views/day.php
    the-events-calendar/views/single-event.php
    the-events-calendar/views/list.php

the-events-calendar/lib/tribe-events-bar.class.php

Would it be in any of these? These are the only “views” directories I can find.

Brian
    Keymaster

No it is not those files.

The WordPress editor does not show additional directories and cannot be used for this.

You will have to access through your hosting file manager or through a ftp program.

WordPress has a write up on editing files:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_Files

That can help you get started.

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Find Event Tab (Mobile – Default Open)’ is closed to new replies.