Filter/search

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Filter/search

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Ben.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to have keywords pre-populated in a drop-down in the bar above the calendar where the search box is located?

Or is it possible to have the filter bar category filter incorporated in the normal bar and not have a separate filter bar? I’ve already hidden the location field and I just need a way to either search by pre-defined keywords or filter by category. It would look clumsy if I have two bars..

Thanks,

Ben

Barry

Hi Ben — hope you’re well!

All kinds of customization are possible and for a high level overview of creating template overrides (and related custom dev tasks) I can recommend our Themer’s Guide. It’s well worth a read if you are new to our plugins or simply new to customizing them:

theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide

Additionally, this far more specific knowledgebase article may also be of interest to you:

theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/understanding-the-tribe-events-bar

What you want to achieve falls into a more advanced category of customization and so, regrettably, we’re limited in terms of just how much support we can offer for this, but I do hope the above resources give you some insights into how you might tackle things.

Let me know if that helps!

Ben
    Participant

Thanks Barry!
    My customer hasn’t payed me to do that yet. 🙂
    But I think it would be a good feature or have a howto guide to do this.
    It would be very useful to just have the category filter in the top bar.

Thanks again,

Ben

Barry

But I think it would be a good feature or have a howto guide to do this.
    It would be very useful to just have the category filter in the top bar.

Absolutely.

I think this existing feature request comes close to covering what you want and you are welcome to up-vote it or add any additional comments you think might be helpful.

We’re always on the look out for ways to improve our products and your feedback is, of course, very welcome 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter/search’ is closed to new replies.