Filtering on custom fields?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Filtering on custom fields?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pixelcreatures
    Participant

Is it possible to have a filtering based on custom fields?

I already need the event categories for one type of category and now I need a second one. My first thought was that I could use the event calender custom fields which works fine – until you want to have a filtering…

Now I don’t know if …
    a) I can implement the filtering with the custom fields or
    b) do I have to create a (wordpress) custom taxonomy and hook it into the calender and the community events or
    c) should I use the event calender tags and include them in the community events?

Thanks
    werner

Barry

Hi – great question.

My first thought was that I could use the event calender custom fields which works fine – until you want to have a filtering…

I’m not sure what the specific problem you’re hitting here is, but this probably wouldn’t be the most efficient approach to take.

Now I don’t know if …
    a) I can implement the filtering with the custom fields or

Possibly, but I’m not quite sure what you’re envisioning.

b) do I have to create a (wordpress) custom taxonomy and hook it into the calender and the community events

That could be an effective strategy.

c) should I use the event calender tags and include them in the community events?

Again that could be an effective strategy.

I can’t really give you a single definitive answer because there are many ways to approach this. If you can’t reorganize the event categories in order to take advantage of those here too, then, the next best approach is to some extent going to depend on what you feel comfortable developing.

pixelcreatures
    Participant

Maybe I can reorganize if there is a built-in mechanism or accessible hook that allows me to filtered by Province. Otherwise I have to code …

Barry

Using the Tribe Bar alone you may well have to do some custom coding. It could be worth reviewing the capabilities of our Filter Bar plugin though in case that meets your needs or gives you a better platform for onward customization.

Beyond that I don’t think there is a whole lot more we can offer here and so will close this thread.

Thanks again 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Filtering on custom fields?’ is closed to new replies.