filtering on autocomplete–2 questions

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar filtering on autocomplete–2 questions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nicole
    Participant

hello

1. i have my calendar set up to filter on Cateogories in a horizontal autocomplete list. it would be awesome to be able to leave that search results bar open, so the filters were visible that a user had checked. is there any way to do that? url is http://www.seocareer.org/wordpress2014/summercalendar

2. following up on this post from last month: i confirm using autocomplete does not allow for the filterbar reset button to function correctly. it works in one of the other modes, but those modes dont maintain a horizontal list of checked filters (albeit hidden) like the autocomplete does. in fact, the dropdown is giving me a php error:

screenshot

i would really like to still use the autocomplete left open and with the reset issue fixed. thank you!

Geoff

Hey there, Nicole! Thanks for getting in touch here and welcome back to the forums. 🙂

Great questions. Have you tried checking out the Filter Bar settings? There is an option in there that will allow the filter bar and the filters to be open by default. You can find that under Events > Settings > Filters (screenshot). Will these work for you?

i would really like to still use the autocomplete left open and with the reset issue fixed.

I totally hear you here. That’s certainly on the radar for us and, as the last thread noted, we are indeed working on this. I have noted this thread in our ticketing system as well so we can try to follow up with you directly here when that is available. In the meantime, please stay tuned! 🙂

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Nicole
    Participant

hi Geoff!

No, i already have the setting checked to open. it may have been closed when you looked at it because it had been toggled shut. what i wanted was to have a permanent display such as:

screenshot

I have reset to use a checkbox and created the css so the list is inline (thus mimicking the autocomplete format without the pesky Reset Filter bug). what i was hoping was that the box that is holding the list is permanently open, ie even when you reset the filters or change the month. in this way the selections are always visible.

thank you!

Nicole
    Participant

ps i can manage the css to get the spacing of the background to match the screenshot so it doesnt overlap the other text below it.

Geoff

Ah, thanks for clarifying Nicole! The screenshot helps too. 🙂

Unfortunately, the default open state is reserved for the vertical positioned filter bar. There is a related request for such a feature on our UserVoice forum. I’d suggest adding your vote to show there’s more interest in it.

In the meantime, however, I’m afraid that achieving that would take a level of custom development that we’d have to leave in your hands.

Feel free to let us know if any specific questions come up as you dig in and we’d be happy to try to help as best we can. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Nicole
    Participant

gotcha. thanks for getting back to me.

Geoff

My pleasure! Thanks for following up. 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but please feel free to start a new one if any other questions pop up and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks again for your post. We wanted to get in touch and let you know that although we weren’t able to address this issue in our upcoming 3.10 release, it is still very much a priority. We have a ticket in our system and will be investigating a solution to be released in a future version. Thank you for your patience and support while we work on this!

Cheers,
    The Events Calendar Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘filtering on autocomplete–2 questions’ is closed to new replies.