Filtering by Country/State

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Filtering by Country/State

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Debbie Timmins

Are there plans in the roadmap to allow filtering by country or state? I would upgrade to Pro in a second if so. I’m collating events worldwide it would be great for users to bookmark a URL specific to their area, or to have an easy way to filter by country or US state.

Rob

Hi there Debbie. Thanks for the note, and for reaching out. Apologies on my end for the delayed response…as you may have seen via the yellow alert message on the forum here last week, I’ve been out of town and on vacation until today. Wanted to get you a response now that I’m back.

This is an interesting idea, and if there’s demand for it we definitely want to deliver as best we can. Where do you envision such filtering taking place – in a widget, or on the frontend grid or list view? Do you want to have this information pre-filtered on the page when the user arrives, or did you want them to see everything at the offset and have the option to filter down from there?

Let me know what you were thinking, and if we can flush this out I would love to bring it to the team as a feature request. If I understand correctly what you’re going for this shouldn’t be too difficult to add.

Debbie Timmins

Hey Rob,

I’d want it in both the widget and the front-end grid/list view. As the site owner I’d want to set a basic default but allows users to override it by choosing their own default country. I’d also want visitors to browse events in nearby countries by filtering on a drop-down or multiple-choice checkbox based on which future events are stored.

As a specific example – I’m collating games events. Every year there are a number of large conferences around the world. People in France would probably want to know about the huge European conference in Germany. People in the UK may be interested in festivals happening in Ireland. I don’t want to lose that ability to browse nearby but I don’t want to spam up European calendars with Australian events either.

(selected the notify me of follow-ups box now so replies should be more timely. Sorry!)

Rob

Hey Debbie. Thanks for the follow-up, and apologies on my end for the delay in responding again. Are you still having questions here? On our end, we have made a lot of progress on filtering options the past few weeks and, to give you a sneak peek of what’s in store for 2.1, we’ve got these basic options built already: http://d.pr/i/6Lcp. We’re also working on a more specific geo-search that I don’t have a screenshot of yet, but is in the works and should allow even more specific geographic filtering.

If you want to check in on the status of those over the coming months, feel free to email pro /a/ tri.be. Otherwise we do have 2.1 – in which the bulk of this should be included – on track to launch before the end of the year, so if you were waiting to update until then know these are in the broader queue.

Hope that helps and apologies once more for the delay. If you’re still reading this and need anything else, do let me know.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Filtering by Country/State’ is closed to new replies.