Filter to Show All Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Filter to Show All Events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

Hello! I’m using the standard Events Calendar and have just purchased licensing for the Filter Bar add-on and so far so good! My question is this: we’re using the calendar for not just upcoming events but also as a webinar database where users can filter by a training topic and find all past/upcoming webinars pertaining to that topic. Ideally, we would like for people to be able to see all available events (past and upcoming) for each training topic when they filter as opposed to just seeing the events for that month and without having to click on Past Events. Is there a way to do this on Events Calendar or do we need to purchase the Pro version? Thanks in advance for your help!

Geoff

Hello Laura and thanks for getting in touch! I hope you’ve been enjoying Filter Bar so far. 🙂

Unfortunately, we do not have a feature to show past events as you suggest.

The events are custom post types so you may be to create a custom loop to create what you are asking for.

This article we have gives examples on making loops for events:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-tribe_get_events/

Let me know if you have any follow up questions and I’d be happy to help as best I can, or at least point you in the right direction.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Laura
    Participant

Hi, Geoff — thanks so much for your reply (and, yes, Filter Bar is working great so far)! I will definitely try your proposed solution. Because we’re under a very tight deadline to launch, I will not be able to try it out yet, but can provide some instructions for users in the interim that will help them with searching. Given that, can you please lead me in the right direction on where I can find instructions on how to remove the “This Training Has Passed” bar from past events? I’m pretty sure I found them before when going through the Themer’s Guide to create a new folder/override, but can’t seem to locate that. Any assistance is truly appreciated. Thank you!

Geoff

Hey Laura, thanks for following up!

You can certainly hide the notice–try adding this CSS to your stylesheet or by using something like the Simple Custom CSS plugin:

.tribe-events-notices {
    display: none;
    }

Will that work for you? Let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Laura
    Participant

That works perfectly — thank you!

Geoff

My pleasure! Thanks again and please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter to Show All Events’ is closed to new replies.