Filter results more specific

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter results more specific

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sabina Ramsey
    Participant

I saw in the forum someone also request this feature in May (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/filter-bar-logic-and-behavior/#post-1288212) but I find it odd that there are 2 multi-selection features (multi-select and checkboxes) but both look like they just allow for filtering by A and B category and getting events for things marked as either A or B category. I would love for checkboxes that would allow a user to choose multiple categories to get a much more filtered approach.

On our site we have different types of events that happen in different counties of the state on different topics and it would be the most beneficial for us if someone could choose the type of event they want, in the area they live, on the topic they are interested in. This way they would choose A and B category and only get things that are both A and B so it is the most relevant search.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Sabina,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your question.

As Shelby mentioned in the thread you quoted, that function is not yet available for the build-in filters of filterbar.

If you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

As a workaround what I can recommend is setting up additional fields for those fields where you want the “and” operator to be available and set that up for the events.

You can do this also with the State as well. Create a checkbox additional field and list all the states. Then set the value for this for all the events. And with a template override or some css you can remove / hide the additional fields from the events on the front end. Then you can set up this additional field as a filter and remove the original “State” filter.

It does require extra work and attention, but it is doable this way if you don’t want to spend time and money on a custom solution.

Do you think this is something you could use?

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Cheers,
    Andras

Sabina Ramsey
    Participant

I actually found on the user voice page than an Admin had posted a code snippet that works for this: https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/eb2753491526b079ba69882f4be4fafc and it seems to work great. I upvoted the feature as well for being a built-in option with the filter bar.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Sabina,

Happy to hear you found a working solution! And thank you for your vote as well.

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic in the forum and we will help you out.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugin, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter results more specific’ is closed to new replies.