Filter recurring events?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Filter recurring events?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Riza
    Participant

When one creates recurring events in ECP those events flood the event list so much that it becomes impossible to see other events among them. I cannot find a way to filter such events and better still, how to hide the repetitions and only show the upcoming event.

Please advise.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Riza,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

On our Settings page you can hide these events but it wont do anything for the day listings on the month view.

My Best regards,

Riza
    Participant

Thank you for the reply Gustavo. I was not clear it seems. I have tried the ‘Recurring event instances’ switch but that doesn’t affect the back-end list (the dashboard events page). Hence the management is almost impossible with so many repeated event one can not find the other events.

How can I make the switch affect for the backend as well?

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

So Riza,

Unfortunately that’s not possible right now, if you want to suggest this as a feature I think it might be a good one to have. Checkout our User Voice forum and suggest it there, if other users find it useful our development team will consider it as a feature for the next few versions.

my Best Regards,

Riza
    Participant

Really??? Haven’t you guys used your product on a production website?

Imagine you have a a couple of weekly and one daily recurring events. Not an unimaginable scenario as you pay for recurring events, you would have them. The result is 16K+ events using the default 36 month recurring event period.

That is 800 pages of events made of only three recurring events.

Even not without any daily events, a couple of weekly events creates 16 pages. How can anyone manage their events in that noise?

I’m sorry but this is not a feature request. It is a bug report as recurring events makes EC unusable.

Insult to injury you d not even offer a filter to filter OUT the recurring events. Maybe adding such a filter is the quickest slution to the problem?

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Riza,

Sorry about my first answer, since I don’t use the plugin with that much events register I didn’t know about that issue, and I was taking another closer look at the administration page and I saw that if you have our Pro Version you will be able to access this panel and filter out the Recurring events.

Check the following screenshot, which shows where this panel is located.

So if you don’t see that panel, please let me know and I will see how to make it work for you.

My Best Regards,

Riza
    Participant

I’m certainly a Pro version as Recurring events are a Pro feature only and only Pro users are allowed to post to this forum.

I can see the filter now, thank you. However, not all recurring events are filtered, see below.

http://snag.gy/rm80T.jpg

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Riza,

This Recurring event that is showing up on your admin is the first instance of the recurring event?

My Best Regards,

cbh
    Participant

Question- Overtime i go to filter out my recurring events… all of them disappear. How do i resolve this?

cbh
    Participant

nm- solved

Riza
    Participant

This Recurring event that is showing up on your admin is the first instance of the recurring event?

Yes, but no other 1st event of a recurring event is displayed.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

That’s weird, it shouldn’t happen. So it’s hard for me to debug it without having a good look at the configurations.

I will ask if you can create an administration account so that I can see what is the possible cause of this.

If you do create an WordPress account for me, don’t forget to check the “Set as Private Reply” checkbox below so that only you and Tribe Staff can see your answer.

My Best Regards,

Riza
    Participant

This reply is private.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Riza,

I would like to say that I logged in and in my testing when I deactivated the “Post Types Order” that filtering on the Events administration page worked again, I can safely say that this is a conflict.

Can you do that testing for me? If it’s a conflict there is nothing that we can do right now, I can only create a bug report for our developers to take a look in the future.

If you want you can try to reach their developers to see if they can fix this problem.

My Best Regards,

Riza
    Participant

I understand and thank you for diagnosing this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter recurring events?’ is closed to new replies.