Filter month-grid display by categories

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Filter month-grid display by categories

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    wsmiller475
    Participant

Hello! This is probably my No. 1 issue as we prepare our site to go live — how can we restrict the events on our main all-month-display calendar page to show only categories that WE select?

It seems that your Filter Bar add-on is only for site visitors to do their own filtering. That may be fine for others, but we want control over which calendars on our site show certain categories, and we have probably four or five for our community.

We have purchased the Filter Bar, but only because we thought it would do this for us. We won’t be able to keep it beyond our 30-day period if it doesn’t.

Currently, as seen in the calendar page screenshot below, it shows ALL categories — activity, golf, dining, buffets, ylp-live and pool.

We want to create a separate “pool” only calendar, and perhaps others as well in the future for specific categories. It would seem that many clients would have the same desire, so I’m surprised this isn’t a built-in option. Or am I missing something?

We’d really appreciate getting a fix for this. Your calendar is just what we need, if we could get this last issue fixed!

Many thanks, William Miller

(I’ve submitted a few other tickets, but this is our priority now)

wsmiller475
    Participant

OK, I found the page in your knowledgebase that should answer my question:

category

This attribute filters the shortcode view to only show events that are in the specified event category.
    Only accepts category slugs. You can find category slugs by heading to Events → Event Catgeories in your wp-admin, as shown in this screenshot.
    Example: [tribe_events view=”list” category=”barbecue”]

However, I could not get it to work for more than ONE category, such as category=”barbecue, picnic, festival” Am I coding incorrectly?

wsmiller475
    Participant

Oh, one more thing…I want to code this way on my calendar page:

[tribe_events view=”month” category=”activity, dining, meetings”]

wsmiller475
    Participant

I finally discovered “parent” categories, and realized that I can make groups and place them under a single parent category — that’s why your shortcode works with only one category. Would be good to point that out in instructions!
    Thanks for help on other matters.

Glad you were able to figure things out, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter month-grid display by categories’ is closed to new replies.