Filter by State, City, Region, etc.

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Filter by State, City, Region, etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Robyn
    Participant

We are experiencing a rise in requests from people all over the country to list their events on our calendar. We are considering purchasing an interactive map plugin to facilitate these requests. However, we need to be able to filter the events by state to link the events to their state. Is there a way to filter the calendar by state, city or region to make this possible? The only way I have found so far is to use tags for each listing, but since there is no way to make the tags field required and that adds a level of difficulty that I’d rather not have to deal with if there is an easier solution built in that I just can’t seem to find.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

George
    Participant

Hey Robyn,

There unfortunately isn’t much extra that can be done here – if the location-based filtering in the Filter Bar add-on is not enough, then the strength of the location filtering would be in the hands of that interactive map plugin you mentioned.

You could filter Venues by various components of their address manually, e.g. by their City, or State, or Country, or even zip code if those are provided. But as for plotting those specific grouped events on a map, that’s something that would unfortunately take a significant amount of custom coding.

Let us know what you think here, if my reply here wasn’t specific enough let me know what other information you’d be curious to know!

Thanks Robyn!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter by State, City, Region, etc.’ is closed to new replies.