Filter by categories?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Filter by categories?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Cindy

Is it possible on either the free or pro version to include a shortcode (or equivalent) to filter the calendar by a category? I want to show a certain category on one page, and a different category on a different page. I would need this in the main calendar as well as the widget.

I love the look of your calendar. If it will accommodate categories in this way it would work well for us.
    Thanks!

Jussi

I am also looking for this feature! Also if there is a way to then add a list of those categories to a sidebar menu. Thanks!

Peter

I am also curious. I would love to have a calendar that only lists events in a specific category.

Leah

Hi everyone! Thanks for your interest.

We do not currently have a built in way to make category pages using shortcodes. However, you can do something similar by making a menu item that pulls events by category, so you have a link to (essentially) a category page in your menu.

Also, we will soon be releasing a filter add-on that would give users the ability to filter events by categories (among other things) and thus see a list or month view of one category.

In the PRO Upcoming Events widget, you can filter by category (for example http://d.pr/i/q6km). I suppose you could show multiple widgets in the sidebar, each with their own category, and thus achieve what you’re looking for.

Cheers,
    Leah

Hilleary
    Participant

When?

Leah

We are currently working hard on our 3.0 release. We don’t have an exact release date, but we’re aiming for late spring. Keep an eye on our website and social media for updates, or sign up for our newsletter at the bottom right of this page.

~Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter by categories?’ is closed to new replies.