Filter Bar with ECP Shortcode

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar with ECP Shortcode

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

We’re including the ECP shortcode on multiple pages so that we can have different calendars depending on the page in a custom theme. The filter bar doesn’t show up in these spots, but it does on the main calendar page. Is there a way to include the filter bar when using the shortcode? Would we be able to include it manually in the template file(s)?

If not, is there an easy way we might emulate the filtering aspect? Possibly by using query strings in the URL?

(Note, currently our changes to the filter bar are on a local dev site).

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Maria!

Thanks for reaching out to us! 🙂

Unfortunately, the filter bar is only available for the main calendar page and it’s not posible to add it using the shortcodes for the moment.

This is something that was already suggested as a feature by other users here > https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/17840326-make-filter-bar-compatible-with-shortcoded-calenda. So I encourage you to vote for it, if you haven’t done it already.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll be happy to help.

Best!

Victor

Maria
    Participant

How about adding it manually somehow? It didn’t look like there was a great way of doing that out of the box. Do you have any suggestions for how to get that kind of filtering on other pages that use the shortcode/template?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Maria!

Thanks for coming back!

There is no easy way to achieve that. We have already gone through that option with the team and posted an approach to it here > https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/filter-bar-in-custom-template/#post-1255130

I hope that gives you an idea of what you need to accomplish if you decide to go for it.

Let me know if you have any other questions about it.

Good luck!

Victor

Sean
    Participant

@Maria, Did you got the solution, we need the same.

William Lee
    Participant

This is frustrating. I just bought the filter bar add-on assuming it could be used in a shortcode. That just makes sense. *Sigh*

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi William!

I’m really sorry you expected the plugin to work in a different way.

Perhaps you want to tell us what you need to accomplish with the filter bar, so we can look at it and see if we can come up with an alternative solution for it.

Let us know about it in a new thread so we can assist you further.

Thanks!

Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar with ECP Shortcode’ is closed to new replies.