Filter Bar in custom template?

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar in custom template?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Shauna
    Participant

Hi,

We are working with a custom template of the List view and have the Events Bar showing, we’re wondering if you could point us to a way to simply insert the Filter Bar into our template so it appears below the Events Bar?

Thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Shauna!

Thanks for reaching out to us! 🙂

Unfortunately, there is no simple way to accomplish that. You would have to go for a complicated customization there and I guess it also depends on the way you are building the custom template.

I’m sorry I cannot be of more help with this, but we are limited in the support we can provide for customizations.

Do come back if any other questions and I’ll be happy to assist.

Best!

Victor

Guilherme
    Participant

Hello Guys!

I have the same problem and I am trying to find a way to solve it.

Can we create a “simple” form in html and put it to work? Which action I should use in <form action=””> ?

Regards

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi @Guilherme!

Thanks for reaching out!

I’ve reached out to the team to see what would be an approach to what you both are trying to accomplish. Here is an insight on that:

The Filter Bar is injected via the tribe_events_bar_after_template hook, but Filter Bar will decline to render if the query is not an event query because it tests via this function > tribe_is_event_query(). You could directly call Tribe__Events__Filterbar__View::displaySidebar() but you would then have to handle the setup of supporting assets, etc.

Unfortunately, going much further on this gets pretty complex and is something you would have to deal with on your own.

This is something that was already suggested as a feature by other users here > https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/17840326-make-filter-bar-compatible-with-shortcoded-calenda. So I encourage you to vote for it, if you haven’t already done before.

Best!

Victor

Sean
    Participant

Hi @Guilherme

Did you got the solution, we need the same. If you find the solution kindly share.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi there!

It’s been a while since the last reply so I will go ahead and close this thread.

Please feel free to open a new topic if you have other questions. You can always link to this post if needed.

Best!

Victor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar in custom template?’ is closed to new replies.