Filter bar search pagination

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter bar search pagination

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kari Turunen
    Participant

Hi,

Calendar list view repeats same page (page 1.) forever if search term is used in filter bar.
    This issue started after 4.8.3 wp core update.

Plugin versions
    The Events Calendar 4.6.4
    The Events Calendar PRO 4.4.19
    The Events Calendar: Filter Bar 4.5.1

Hi Kari,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Kari Turunen
    Participant

Hi,

The problem exists with all other plugins disabled and twenty-sixteen as active theme. Its also appearing on all of our sites that use Filter Bar plugin.

Also after posting here last time I have updated following:
    The Events Calendar 4.6.4 to 4.6.5
    WP core from 4.8.3 to 4.9

Hi Kari,

Thank you for going through our testing procedures.  I’m sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue.  Just to clarify, are you seeing this issue when you have Filter Bar disabled?

I’m trying to understand if this is related to Filter Bar or the Tribe Bar, which is the other search bar that you see (with date, keyword, and location search).

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Kari Turunen
    Participant

Seems to be tribe bar issue and not filter bar issue since its the keyword field that causes the problem. Disabling filter bar does nothing to fix this.

Hi Kari,

I am getting a 404 error when I visit your Events page.  Was this intentional?  If so, I’d like to see how the issue is occurring on your site, as I cannot replicate the issue on my local test site.  In the meantime, we have just released maintenance releases of our plugins, so please update and let me know if you see any conditions improve.

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Kari Turunen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Kari,

Great, thanks for providing me with that link.  I see what you mean about the first page being repeated with search criteria.  Is it possible that there is only one page of search results?  Do you know of a search term to try where there are multiple pages of results, where you see this issue occur?  Also, do you have custom code on your site?  If so, I am wondering if this is affecting the issue.

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Kari Turunen
    Participant

For example word “Rauma” gives multiple pages of results. I’m getting next pages to show up by clicking to next page (which loads same page again) and then refreshing the page with newly added pagination url.

There is loads of custom code on that live site, but the problem still shows up on development environment with base theme, no customizations and only events calendar activated.

Hi Kari,

Thank you for providing me all of this information.  I am able to see the issue now and I can replicate the issue on my end as well.  I believe that this is a bug in our system and I have logged a bug report for this issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch and we are actively working on a solution for this.  I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.  They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.  The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.  Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks,

Jaime

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kari!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter bar search pagination’ is closed to new replies.