Filter Bar results in very long loading time

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar results in very long loading time

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    hackauf
    Participant

hi,
    because of an recent email of my webhost i hab to deactivate the filter bar plugin, because they say that the cpu-usage reached up to 100% just because of my calendar website. as described before (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/very-long-loading-time-categories/#post-985498), i have a problem with very long loading times. first i thought it might be a community events plugin problem, but recently i was able to specify the problem.
    the issue only occurs on filter bar pages. when I try to open any page that has the filter bar, it takes 16 seconds (or time out) to load that page. if I disable the filter bar (or on single events pages, where is no filter bar), the page loads in a “normal” time of <3 seconds and the issue does not occure.
    thanks for your help,
    rainer

Geoff

Hello Rainer and welcome back to the forums. 🙂

Back to Brian’s questions in the thread you linked to:

Do you have any custom coding for the Events Calendar?

Can you try using a plugin like Query Monitor:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/query-monitor/

That can tell you what the slow queries are so we can get some more information on this.

Are you able to answer those? That will give us some extra context here so we can try to help.

Also, it would be super helpful if you could provide your system information here as well (you can post this as a private reply) from the Events > Settings > Help screen.

Thanks for your help!
    Geoff

hackauf
    Participant

This reply is private.

hackauf
    Participant

(a) i have installed the recommended plugin
    (b) i use some custom-templates in my themes directory

Geoff

Cool, thanks for doing that!

Now that you have installed the Query Monitor plugin, will you please let me what it says are the slow queries?

It’s great to know that you’re using custom templates. Can you tell me which templates you’ve customized? That will give us a better idea of where to look. It’s possible you have some deprecated functions in there that could be slowing things down.

Let’s continue that path and see what we find.

Geoff

hackauf
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Thanks Rainer!

Everything in that report looks like it’s loading quite fine. For example, the page loaded in 5 seconds and only used 33.9% of its memory limit.

Is there another page that’s perhaps loading slower than the one your provided the report for?

Also, I had asked about which templates you have customized? Will you please let me know which templates those are and what was customized in them? I want to make sure there isn’t something in there that might be dragging things down.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar results in very long loading time’ is closed to new replies.