Filter bar not showing any more

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter bar not showing any more

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Christofer
    Participant

Hey there,

I have a problem now with my filter bar. I purchased the filter bar plugin (both the events calendar + filter bar are version 4.0) and implemented it together with some customizations. Everything worked fine until suddenly the filter bar dissapeard while working on it. I reproduced it to a state where it was working before but now it does´nt show up any more.

When i reload the page, I can see it flashing up very shortly. I also noticed that there is a body class on it called “tribe-filters-closed” (together with the other tribe classes “tribe-filter-live tribe-events-filter-view tribe-is-responsive tribe-events-style-full tribe-theme-porgy”).

When I change the class to “tripe-filters-open” I can see the filter bar but filtering doesn´t work like before. Do you have a clue what might could go wrong here? I really need help, sorry 🙂

With nice regards, Lisa

George
    Participant

Hey Lisa,

Really sorry to hear about these issues on your site!

You mention using version 4.0 of both plugins; however, can you still share your “system information” with us so that I can see the versions of other plugins and other information about your site? Here’s how to share “system information” → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

You mention having made customizations and there are clearly some on your site – these may be the factor here.

If you back up, and then temporarily remove, your customizations, does the problem persist?

We are unfortunately not able to help with customizations or with issues that arise as a result of customizations, but let me know what you find by testing this! 🙂

Thank you,
    George

Christofer
    Participant

Hey George,

I found out that it still works sometimes – when I delete all customizations from me, then open the filters with the default plugin and then adding my customizations again. then it works for a few reloads before it dissapears.

Its because the body gets the class “tribe-filters-closed”. If i remove it manually within developer tools in chrome, it is showing up and working (until i reload). I can not remove this class from body programmatically – whether not with jQuery remove class nor with wordpress functions to remove body classes or even not with CSS. I can also not find this class in plugins-code to remove it.

So my only question is: Please tell me how to remove this class from body completeley or how to remove it from the source code (and where to find it) – its urgent 🙂

Hope to hear from you soon.

George
    Participant

Hey @Christofer,

Thank you for this information.

To be clear: do things work fine without your customizations? It wasn’t quite clear to me in your first paragraph if you mean this, or if you meant that even WITHOUT your customizations the issue will temporarily be okay but then return somehow.

Next, can you confirm if you have any success with simply going into your wp-admin options panel at Events > Settings > Filters, then scroll down and set the “default state” option to “Open”? Here’s an image of that option for reference:

Thank you,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter bar not showing any more’ is closed to new replies.