Filter bar not opening on mobile

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter bar not opening on mobile

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    alexwg85
    Participant

When the filter bar goes down to mobile and closes, when you click on it, it opens for a second and then closes again.

I have uninstalled my theme and it works again. I have tried deleting all customisations in my theme and this has made no difference, which leads me to believe this might be a jQuery clash, or some sort of class that is missing somewhere.

I am on a tight deadline so help would be appreciated.

Casey
    Participant

alexwg85,
    Thanks for getting in touch! Can you give me a URL where I can debug this issue further? Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

alexwg85
    Participant
    Casey
    Participant

Something strange is happening in your theme that seems to be causing the Javascript ‘click’ event to fire twice. I’m noticing similar behavior with your mobile menu as well. You might see if there’s some custom Javsacript, or another plugin’s javascript that’s causing this strange behavior, as I’m unable to replicate using the Default 2013 theme.

Hopefully that helps to shed some light on the issue for you. Good luck! 🙂

alexwg85
    Participant

I had a closer look at the jQuery and found the issue that was causing my mobile menu from behaving the same as the filter bar but it has not fixed the filter bar. I am now getting this error in my console: ‘cannot call methods on isotope prior to initialization; attempted to call method ‘reLayout”

Casey
    Participant

alexwg85,
    It appears that you’re including jQuery in your theme twice. It’s possible that’s causing the issue.

alexwg85
    Participant

I don’t think I am. I have it in the header and that’s it. Where else have you seen it?

Casey
    Participant

I’m seeing it here: http://grab.by/yLiu and here: http://grab.by/yLiy

alexwg85
    Participant

Yes, that is one occurrence. Where is the second one you mentioned.

alexwg85
    Participant

Sorry, I didn’t see your second one. Let me check this over again.

alexwg85
    Participant

The extra jQuery file you saw comes bundled with WordPress so there is nothing I can do about it. I tried removing my instance of jQuery and it broke not only my menu, but the event calendar as well.

Casey
    Participant

alexwg85,
    You should never need to include jQuery separately in your theme, as it’s already being included by WordPress. I would suggest that you look at this article in the codex that talks more about how WordPress includes jQuery (and the proper way to to reference it in your scripts), and hopefully you can remove the duplicate jQuery library.

Good luck! 🙂

-Casey-

alexwg85
    Participant

Okay, this has been taken care of now but I am still getting the same problem with the filter bar.

Casey
    Participant

alexwg85,
    Are you seeing the same issue when switching over to the default 2013 theme? I suspect that this is an issue with something in your custom theme, but want to confirm.

alexwg85
    Participant

I have tried switching it back to the default theme and it works fine. It is something in my theme.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter bar not opening on mobile’ is closed to new replies.