Filter Bar not Filtering

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar not Filtering

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mpaska
    Participant

You fixed the issue of when an item on the filter is clicked, it shows only the events associated with it. However, all categories and venues are STILL showing up, whether or not they have an event associated with it.

Miriam

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Miriam,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you 🙂

I’m not sure I understood the issue you’ve encountered. Could you give me an example of a filter you have selected? Or maybe a screenshot?

Also, I noticed you don’t have the latest versions of The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO. Did you downgrade so that your filters could work properly? If that’s the case, do you have a staging website where you could install the latest version of our plugins?

Cheers,
    Jeremy

mpaska
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,
    I have the software updated on my staging server, which is where I’m testing it. All categories and Venues are shown in the left-column options, even if they have no events assigned to them. See the attached screenshot. If a category of Venue has no events assigned, then it shouldn’t show as a filter option.
    Miriam

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Miriam,

While I completely agree with your logic, unfortunately we don’t have a built-in option for you to exclude from the Filter Bar categories and venues that don’t have any event associated with them. This is definitely an idea worth mentioning via our UserVoice Feature Ideas if it hasn’t already.

Using hooks and filters should do the trick though. If you need help with this customization, you could get in touch with one of the nice people on the below list. They are well known names in the community who are not affiliated with us and can be hired for such work.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

I hope this helps and I’m sorry I cannot be of much assistance in this matter.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best of luck and have a good week!

Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar not Filtering’ is closed to new replies.