Filter Bar Has No "Find Events" or "Submit" button to render filtered results

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar Has No "Find Events" or "Submit" button to render filtered results

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Chelsie
    Participant

We are using Events Calendar Pro and the Filters Bar plugin on HarrisburgBeerWeek.com (go to Events in main nav). I’m viewing the website with Macbook – Sierra 12.1 – Chrome 54.0.2840.98.

The Issue – there doesn’t appear to be a button or way for users to submit their filter selections. Nothing happens when you choose selection in the filter bar – no event results are returned.

I have not deactivated site plugins or reverted the theme to Twenty Four as it would break our live site.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Chelsie,

Thanks for going Pro and welcome to the forums! Sorry about this issue with the filterbar.

I checked the events page and it has a javascript error. Most probably somewhere in this code:

The error message is:

detailed error: TypeError: $(…).slider is not a function

It looks like a custom script. Try removing that script and check if the error still exists.

If the error is still there afterwards, then unfortunately there is no other way than doing the conflict testing. I understand if you don’t want to do that on the live site. In this case you could clone it to a staging / dev site and test there.

Waiting for your results.

Cheers,
    Andras

Chelsie
    Participant

Thank you for your quick response! 🙂

The javascript error code above references your product Tribe Events Filter. There’s nothing I can do to change the code in your plugin. Or does something need to be changed in the settings of the plugin that maybe wasn’t in the installation instructions?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Chelsie,

Sorry, my bad, didn’t fully realize that. :blush:

Please give me some time to investigate and I’ll get back to you soon.

Apologies,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again,

So, I found the same issue, but only by chance. 🙂 Let’s say we got lucky here.

You get that javascript error because of one of the filters. For me it was the Cost one. Try removing that and check. If that doesn’t solve it, then remove all, and go one by one, see where it comes back, if at all. Then let me know the results.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Chelsie
    Participant

I turned off “costs” in the Filter bar and tried again. Still no “enter” or “submit” button showing and no results returned.

Other things I then tried and still didn’t fix it:

1) Turning off all but 1 available filter. Working through each one at a time.
    2) Turning off the search bar in the Events Calendar Pro
    3) Changing the filter bar from Open to Closed
    4) Changing the filter bar from vertical to horizontal
    5) Changing Event Calendar Pro from List View to Month View.
    6) Viewed on Safari instead of Chrome – same results
    7) Deleted Filter Bar plugin then reinstalled it.

My version of WordPress that I’m running is up to date.

I’m stumped.

Andras
    Keymaster

Found one more think in case that doesn’t solve it.

I was using a child theme of twentysixteen and with that the filter bar wasn’t submitting at all. Once I switched to the parent / main twentysixteen everything worked fine, even with the costs filter.

So you might want to check switching your theme to a default one and preferably not child theme and check like that.

Let me know what you find.

Cheers,
    Andras

Chelsie
    Participant

Our custom theme is a main these as opposed to a child theme. My web developer is going to set up a staging server and will try using a different theme to see if anything resolves with the filter bar. That may take some time to do. Will get back to you after that.

Andras
    Keymaster

Sure thing. Will be waiting for the results!

A.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar Has No "Find Events" or "Submit" button to render filtered results’ is closed to new replies.