Filter Bar Date Picker Conflict

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar Date Picker Conflict

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Lauren Tresp
    Participant

Hello,

We are using the Filter Bar add-on to filter categories and custom fields. We noticed the filter bar and date picker conflict with each other. If we choose a category and a date, all the events in that category are displayed instead of events of that category on that specific date. Is there any way to use both the date picker and the filter bar?

Thank you!
    Susan Harkey

Hi Susan,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first troubleshooting step, can you update all of your Events Calendar related plugins and test if the issue still occurs?

Also, are you referring to the date picker on the Tribe Bar above the Filter Bar?  Let me know so that I can try to replicate things on my end as well!

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Lauren Tresp
    Participant

I updated all the plugins, so we are on the latest version. I am talking about the date picker on the top right corner. If I choose a filter, such as “fairs/festivals”, and then choose February 10 as the date, the calendar displays all events in the “fairs/festivals” category instead of the ones on February 10. Thanks for your help! http://themagazine.staging.wpengine.com/

Hi Susan,

I took a look at your site and selected a category, then selected a date.  Because there were no events on that date in that category, it showed me the upcoming events.  However, if you look at the tab at the top, it is showing February 10.  This is all expected behavior.

Let me know if you are seeing the same results and if the issue lies somewhere else that I am missing.

Thanks,

Jaime

Lauren Tresp
    Participant

It isn’t working for me even if there is an event on that specific date. So if I click “exhibition openings” on February 9th, it shows ALL exhibition openings on ANY date: http://themagazine.staging.wpengine.com/events/?action=tribe_photo&tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=photo&tribe-bar-date=2018-02-09&tribe_eventcategory%5B%5D=50

Thank you!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Lauren Tresp.

Hi Lauren,

If you click on a date, and then on a category and click “Lets See Your Results”, do you see the results load?

In any case, as a next step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Lauren Tresp
    Participant

I activated the twenty seventeen theme and deactivated all plugins except tribe events and tribe events pro and the date picker is still working incorrectly. Please test it here: http://themagazine.staging.wpengine.com/events/. When I click on February 20, it shows events from Events for July 1, 2017 – April 6. I tried changing the settings to use javascript for the date picker, and I tried disabling the classic header, but it still does not work. No matter which settings I select, the date is giving me a range instead of the date I selected.

Thanks for your assistance with this problem!

Hi Lauren,

The date range that is showing that way because of the way you have your recurring events set up.  For example, there is an event from July 2017 to June 2018, so if you select today, it technically is occurring today, which is why that event shows up.

You do have the option to show fewer (or more) events in Photo View, by going to Events Settings < General and changing that first setting.

You can also hide the text with that range in it if you’d like.  Let me know and I’d be happy to assist.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Jaime

Lauren Tresp
    Participant

It makes sense to me that recurring events would display in that range, but why are one-time events also displaying. So for example, if I choose February 28th, one-time events on March 1 are displaying. I understand that all events in that range are displaying, but that seems like a bug to me. It is not logical that if I choose February 28th, one-time events on March 1 display.

Hi Lauren,

I see what you mean, but what is happening here is related to the selection of the number of events to show per page.  For example, on my own test site, I have Number of events to show per page (in Events Settings < General) set to 10, so when I select a date in the date picker, it will show events starting with that date, followed by however many additional events are needed for 10 events to show.  Does that make sense?

You can alter that setting in order to change the way that things display there.  Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar Date Picker Conflict’ is closed to new replies.