Fieldsets not showing on page load

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Fieldsets not showing on page load

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    swansondesigns
    Participant

When I load an event page there are no fields available to fill out until I change the number of tickets needed. So, if the customer only wants one ticket, they are allowed to add it to the cart without completing the fields.

If the ticket count is changed from 1 to 2, then two fieldsets appear. In order to fill out just one fieldset, you have to change from 1 to 2 and then back to 1.

https://vdt.sdcloudlab.com/event/extractions-made-easy-feline/

How do I make it show the first fieldset on page load?

Edit:
    OK, I was skeptical that this had anything to do with the theme but apparently it does. I switched to Twenty Seventeen and the count stays at 0 and therefore everything works. I have walked through every JS file that is included with the page and I just can’t find anything that would set the count to 1 on page load. I understand if this means I’m on my own but I thought I would at least ask in case anyone else has had this problem and you know of a possible solution. I don’t expect you to troubleshoot theme issues for me.

Thanks,
    Graham

Thanks,
    Graham

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with the ticket form and your theme. I will try to help if I can.

I took a look, and it seems that something is setting the value of the form to ‘1’ instead of ‘0’ after the page loads. Unfortunately, this is happening in a way that doesn’t trigger the change needed to show the attendee information form.

I looked to see if this might be able to be forced to display with CSS, but it looks like the form is not even generated until the click event. So, that won’t work.

If you can find where that javascript is coming from and disable it, at least the user won’t have to add then subtract a ticket number. If you are good with javascript, it might be as simple as tweaking the code to trigger a change on the field once it’s been updated to ‘1’.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Fieldsets not showing on page load’ is closed to new replies.