Field Names

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Field Names

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Robert

I am curious if there is a way to change the field names. For example, I would like to change the name of “Venue” to “Arena” without hacking the core. Is there a way to do this easily? I know I can create a custom field, but I don’t know of a way to hide a previous field. Your help is appreciated.

Rob

Hey again Robert. This should be doable, but I’m unaware of how to off-hand…let me get our dev Jonah to chime in with his thoughts.

John

I think you could do it by editing the English translation file.

Rob

Thanks John. Robert, that help?

Robert

Sorry for the long delay on getting back to you both. That does help out. Is that going to be a file you hand off to me to replace? Also, I think that would be an awesome feature to add to your awesome plugin.

Rob

Hey Robert. We were envisioning you’d change it on your end, since this is a pretty simple tweak…if you’ve used POEdit (http://www.poedit.net/) you should be able to open it up and make the changes right quick. Let me know if you need more than that.

Robert

Perfect. I will give it a shot. Thanks again!

Robert

What File do I need to edit for the English Version?

Robert

Where is the English Translation file? I see all other languages, but no EN file. I modified the .pot file, but did not work. Was this the right file?

Rob

Hey Robert. The easiest way to do this would be to open the .pot file in POEdit; make the change you want; then save to generate the new English po/mo files. Label those accordingly, drop them in the Languages folder and you should be set when configuring your site to display in English.

That help?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Field Names’ is closed to new replies.