Few Questions

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Few Questions

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    owner
    Participant

Hello, Please help on the following

1. The Calendar is showing the title for an event – how do I show the Calendar as “School Calendar”

2. The Event List – is showing a title for an event – how do I show the main Event list page – as “Upcoming Events”

3. Font size – How do I reduce the size of the font – on the Event List?

4. How do I remove the ical import button from BOTH the Calendar & Event List

AND

5. Remove the Google Calendar & iCal import buttons for a single event page

Please help on the above, and I look forward to your reply quickly…

Rob

Hi there Karen (assuming this is Karen).

As I mentioned in my email…for #s 1 and 2, that’s a likely conflict with another plugin or your theme. The best way to test this is to deactivate your other plugins one by one to see if the issue persists; and if it does, then reverting back to the default 2011 theme. If the issue still persists when you’re on the 2011 theme with no other plugins active, let me know…because in that case it’s likely a bug.

For #3, #4 and #5: I can get our dev Jonah to respond on these. He’ll chime in directly over the next 24 hours.

owner
    Participant

Hi Rob,

I have emailed you a ‘screen-shot’ image, and few other comments/questions.

Still having trouble with the 5 points above.

Rob

Karen: the font size issue should be controllable in events.css; make sure you do a proper template override of that file (detailed in the first “Customization” question at our FAQ: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/faqs/) if you do indeed modify it, so your changes are kept when you update to the next release.

However, I will note that in the screenshot you sent…the font size was looking good and appeared consistent with the rest of your site. Probably wouldn’t be visually appealing to change it but I’ll leave that in your hands.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Karen,

I can help you with #4 and #5. For #4 you’ll need to make a simple stylesheet addition. In events.css or your themes own stylesheet, add this CSS code:

[css]
    #tribe-events-content .ical {
    display: none;
    }
    [/css]

For #5 add the following CSS code:

[css]
    .single .ical, .events-single #googlemaps {
    }
    [/css]

That should do it, let me know if you need anything else with this.

Regards,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Note, only add the code that’s inside the open/closed bracketed tags – we’re working on getting code highlighting in the forum replies…

owner
    Participant

Hi Jonah,

Thank you very much – all worked for iCal, however the +GoogleCalendar button is still appearing on the single event page.

I did exactly what you have in the css. All worked, except I still see the grey button +GoogleCalendar.

Please tell me how I remove that also.

best regards. Thank you so much for your help – much appreciated.

owner
    Participant

Hello again,

Number 1,2 and 3 – seem to be fine now…

I wonder if you can let me know how to remove the License expiry notice in the options panel.

And once the client `sees this` they may have other comments..

So far – so good.. Awesome plug-in. Looking forward to the reply.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Karen,

Ooops left out the bit about the +GoogleCalendar button. Just add:

[css]
    .single .ical, .single .gcal-add, .events-single #googlemaps {
    }
    [/css]

owner
    Participant

Hi Jonah,

Thanks so much. But, please tell me – how do we import/export to Google Calendar?

I suppose this button +GoogleCalendar needs to stay on the site, but maybe there is a better location for it? Or it can be done only in the Wp-Admin options panel; and if this is the case, then the button doesn’t need to go online.

Hope this makes sense, and thanks so much.

Also, any way to remove the License Key notice in the options panel?

Best regards.

Rob

Hi again Karen. As I mentioned in my email, there is no import from Google Calendar. You can export your Events using the Add to iCal/Google Calendar buttons (which subscribe the user to your calendar), but there’s no way to bring data from another calendar to ours currently.

I believe I’ve covered the License Key issue in a previous email; this is unfortunately something we’re unable to provide support on.

owner
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for the replies. Love your calendar/event list, however we really need a way to Import FROM google calendar also. Can you please suggest a way to do this?

It appears your calendar plug-in will only export to google calendar, where we need it the other way around.

Look forward to the reply – Many thanks.

Rob

Hi again Karen. Unfortunately the import from Google Calendar isn’t an option at this point – I’m not even sure you could hack it together without some serious development skills, and even then it’d likely require modifying the core plugins of the files. We have discussed methods of importing to the plugin, and while those may come down the road, there’s nothing concrete on the roadmap beyond our CSV-based importer.

Sorry I couldn’t offer up more than that. Let me know if you have any other questions about this.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Few Questions’ is closed to new replies.