few problems after update to 4.0 and event tickets plus

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus few problems after update to 4.0 and event tickets plus

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hi,
    First let me start by congratulating you on an overall pretty smooth update and transition to version 4.0 and events tickets, a very professional approach. 🙂

I just have a few issues that I’d need your help resolving having upgraded to events calendar 4.0 and migrated from Woocommerce tickets to events ticket plus as follows:

1. Event price is no longer showing on the events list (in list view, in the list below map view or in photo view) – a little box used to appear in the bottom right hand corner of each event image in the list with the price in it.
    Now in list view I get one random price box at the bottom of the list – see bottom of this page https://bowlscomps.com/competitions/list/

Event price is also not showing in the calendar view pop up description boxes when hovering over an event (NB: you need to look at Sept 2016 and Oct 2016 to see event examples – these events have tickets set up:
    https://bowlscomps.com/competition/george-masters-qualifiers-we-1/
    https://bowlscomps.com/competition/george-masters-qualifiers-we-2/

This one has no tickets set up but does have an event price set up:
    https://bowlscomps.com/competition/george-master-text/

2. Upon testing a ticket purchase the automated email notification to the customer “your order is being processed” is sent out fine BUT the following emails “order completed” and the “ticket” are not being sent to the customer upon me approving the order in the back end (If I manually force it via order action in woocommerce then both those emails do get sent). These worked with the woocommerce tickets plugin.

3. The ticket form which I’d moved with some code in config.php to appear below the title and above the featured image on a single event is back where it is by default. I used this code below from your forum, I think i just need you to tell me what to replace to make it work again:

if (class_exists(‘Tribe__Events__Tickets__Woo__Main’)) {
    remove_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta’, array( Tribe__Events__Tickets__Woo__Main::get_instance(), ‘front_end_tickets_form’), 5 );
    add_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_before_the_content’, array( Tribe__Events__Tickets__Woo__Main::get_instance(), ‘front_end_tickets_form’) );
    }

Let me know if you need logins credentials to the site to investigate.

Looking forward to hearing from you
    Thanks in advance

Marc
    Participant

Hey Hugues,

I was also having issues with the price not showing on the single events page and I found your thread. My new events show pricing however the old(pre-update) do not. Fortunately for me I am just starting to create events so it isn’t to much trouble to recreate them. Thought maybe this would help.

Good Luck!
    ~marc

Nico

Hi there Hugues,

Thanks for reaching out and for your words on the update process 🙂 A lot of effort was invested in making this transition work well for the community, we love to hear you appreciated!

1. Event price is no longer showing on the events list (in list view, in the list below map view or in photo view) – a little box used to appear in the bottom right hand corner of each event image in the list with the price in it.

The list view issue (and I guess this applies to all other views), seems to be an styling issue. Add this code to make to price box how in the upper corner of the event:

.tribe-events-event-cost {
    bottom: initial!important;
    }

Are you using the latest version of the theme? Have you contacted Enfold on this?

Regarding the price not showing in the tooltip, I guess that’s the default behaviour. You re-call seeing that before the update? I just run a quick test with default theme and just our plugins, and I’m not seeing the price on the tooltip.

2. Upon testing a ticket purchase the automated email notification to the customer “your order is being processed” is sent out fine BUT the following emails “order completed” and the “ticket” are not being sent to the customer upon me approving the order in the back end (If I manually force it via order action in woocommerce then both those emails do get sent). These worked with the woocommerce tickets plugin.

Sorry to hear about this, not sure what you mean by ‘If I manually force it via order action in WooCommerce then both those emails do get sent’? Can you elaborate a bit on that?

3. The ticket form which I’d moved with some code in config.php to appear below the title and above the featured image on a single event is back where it is by default.

You are right about this, the code was updated here: Moving the ticket form. You’ll need to change the class name Tribe__Events__Tickets__Woo__Main for the updated one Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Commerce__WooCommerce__Main. Then it should work as expected.

Please let me know about all these follow-up questions,
    Best,
    Nico

Chris
    Participant

Thank you Nico,
    I have now tried all the solutions you gave me and it broadly fixes everything, you are a genius !

I have however discovered another problem, let me cover each point below for clarity:

New problem – incorrect stock levels after ticket purchase
    On this page: https://bowlscomps.com/competition/george-masters-qualifiers-we-2/

Scenario – look at the top 2 tickets on the page

1. I started with ticket original stock set at 16
    2. Event page therefore showed 16 out of 16 available
    3. I order one ticket as a “customer” and complete checkout
    4. I go back to the event page and now stock shows as 13 out of 15 available – so stock has gone down by 3 instead of 1 and original availability has gone down by 1 instead of staying constant
    5. I go into woocommerce admin panel for that order and click on “complete order”
    6. I reload the event page and now stock shows as 14 available out of 15 – so stock has gone down by 2 instead of 1 and original available quantity has gone down by 1 instead of staying constant.

The right outcome should have been that 15 out of 16 tickets remain available, given that original stock was 16 and only one ticket has been purchased

There seems to therefore be a problem in the way stock levels are adjusted after a single purchase, this is obviously quite a big deal so can you investigate with the modern tribe team development please ?

Feel free to try and “purchase” a ticket on the site as a customer would to test it – this is a site in development so you won’t need payment as it’s set as “cash on delivery”. If i see an order notification comes through I’ll go and “complete” it so you can see the whole outcome.

Issues raised in my original ticket all solved, see below:
    1. Events price on list view
    The solution worked, it isn;t styled quite the same as before but I will raise this with Enfold as it’s likely to be the way they style the page from the theme as you say.
    Price in tooltip: you’re probably right, i can;t recall if it was showing before so it’s fine as is

2. Order and ticket emails not being sent
    After upgrading to the latest Woocommerce release and your 4.01 releases it now seems to be working so we can forget this one 🙂

3. Moving ticket form
    Suggested code changes worked like a charm, many thanks 🙂

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Chris.
    Chris
    Participant

Hello Nico,
    I’m just checking that you’ve seen the new problem I raised in my reply above a few days ago ?
    If it is taking time to investigate it’s not a problem, just checking you are on it. 🙂

Is it better if i open a new thread for this issue as it is unrelated to the previous issues in this thread, so other people in the community may see it as well if they experience something similar ?

UPDATE
    I have tested this again by creating a brand new event (in case this was a problem with existing events only) and “making a purchase” from a different browser, whilst not logged in to WP, but the same problem with stock level occurs.

This is the test event: https://bowlscomps.com/competition/testing-ticket-stock-with-events-ticket/

I set up “ticket 1” with a stock of 20 available then I “purchased” 1 x “ticket 1” and the same stock problem happened:

• after checkout completion stock changed from 20 out of 20 available to 17 out of 19 available !
    • after order completion stock changed to 18 out of 19 available !

On further investigation I have noticed the following if it helps you:

• In Woocommerce the “order notes” correctly states that stock has been reduced from 20 to 19
    • In “Events” when I go into “edit” and look at this ticket for the event I see that there is 1 out of 19 tickets sold (it should have been 1 out of 20)
    • When I “edit” this ticket I see that stock level is 18 (it should be 19)

So there is something clearly broken here, pelase advise as it is clearly quite a big issue in managing ticket stock levels.
    Thanks in advance
    Hugues

Nico

Hey Marc,

Thanks for the follow-up and sorry for the delay on this! We do not monitor the forums on weekends and I couldn’t get a reply on Friday!

Well first of all I’m glad you could sort the original issues – thanks for the compliment 🙂

We generally recommend opening up a new thread if a new issues comes up, this was -as you state- it’s easier for other folks to find an benefit from an existing question.

This particular issue you mention it’s a bug that has been logged a couple of days ago and there’s not much we can do for it until a fix is developed and released. I’m helping some folks with the same bug in this thread: http://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/sold-out-ticket-quantity/, you can post in there, so you’ll be notified of my replies.

So please let me know if you are good with this (following along a the other thread), and therefor I can close this thread as the original issue had been addressed.

Thanks,
    Nico

Chris
    Participant

Hey Nico,
    Thanks for the reply. I have now added the description of what is happening to me to the thread you mentioned above and will wait for further updates.

Do you also want me to create a new thread with the topic “incorrect stock showing after ticket purchase” to make it easier for others in the community to locate the issue if they have it too, or would that be duplicating to much ?

By the way, it’s “Hugues” not “Marc” (Marc was a guy who commented earlier on in my original thread) – no worries though, easy mistake to make and, as a coincidence, Marc is also my brother’s first name… 🙂

Looking forward to a resolution. This really is a great product so I’m looking forward to full functionality being restored.
    Cheers
    Hugues

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Chris.
    Nico

Hey Hugues,

Great that you jumped in that thread. I think it’s not necessary to create a new thread in this case. There are also a couple more on this issue as well.

You are right sorry I confused your name, just scrolled up and saw Marc in there, many times developers post on behalf of their customer so names in the username and the messages are not the same. Anyway there was a connection in there 🙂

Yeap, I hope this can be fixed soon!

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Leah

Good news everyone!

We’ve just release a maintenance release that addresses this issue. Please look for updates to your Events plugin(s) on your site. Thank you for your patience while we worked to address the reported issues. And don’t forget to review the release notes for all the details on version 4.0.3.

While our testing shows that the new release fixes the problem reported here, sites are different and it’s possible that there are edge cases. If you are still seeing the issue after you update your plugins, please post a new thread so we can look into it further.

Thank you for your support!

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘few problems after update to 4.0 and event tickets plus’ is closed to new replies.