Featured photo align left or right

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Featured photo align left or right

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    funniteart
    Participant

Can the featured photo be aligned to the left or right of the event details, so the event does not take two full screens to view? On a computer the layout is very, very long. See screenshots:
    Page 1: http://www.funniteart.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/hello-september-screen-1.png
    Page 2: http://www.funniteart.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/hello-september-screen-2.png
    I don’t write code… and I’m not using a child theme… so I’m not exactly the girl to be fully customizing my own template. Surely you guys have a simpler way?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy funniteart,

It is easy to see why you would want to align those images on that theme, especially considering the small size of your featured image.

Unfortunately there really is not an easier way to make that change. It is going to require a small bit of coding. Wp has a lot of tools to make this as easy as possible, but there is still a fair initial learning curve in the way. Most themes support the CSS class align-left and align-right. In which cast, it might be as simple as adding that in the proper place. Buuuut there are a million variables that can get in the way. For example, it might not look good in mobile, or IE8, or when you add a certain widget, etc. There are so many things to watch out for, that is why it is usually necessary to hire a dev for a anything but a run of the mill stock looking site.

We do keep a list of knowledgeable developers on hand. Some of them even specifically cater to smaller tasks like this one. If you would like a copy of the list, email pro @ this website url.

Does that make sense and answer your question? Anything else I can help you with. Please let me know. Cheers!

– Brook

funniteart
    Participant

Do you have a suggestion I can try? A little code help here?
    I know how to make changes… just can’t exactly manipulate code on my own. 🙂 I was thinking you guys might post some code here I can try?
    Thank you! 🙂

Brook
    Participant

I will certainly do my best! Fair warning, it is never a bad idea to make backups if you are making changes, particularly if it is your first time.

The best way to do this is to create a child theme. You will want to add your own custom CSS file in that child theme, as discussed in brief at the bottom of that link. Putting this bit of code in that custom CSS stylesheet might be all you will need to align the image to the right: .tribe-events-event-image { float: right; }

You will want to test it pretty thoroughly, preferably in a variety of common browsers, just to make sure it is working properly. If not, that is where hire a developer truly becomes necessary. There are so many intricacies that sometimes you just need a pro to handle that part of it. You can easily undo this change by switching from the child theme back to the parent one, in case it does not work.

There you go! That might be all the *code* you need, in which case awesome! Let me know if there is anything else. Thanks funniteart.

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has gone for a spell without a response I am going to archive it. If you do need anything else please feel free to open a new topic. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured photo align left or right’ is closed to new replies.