Featured image – duplicates / universal import setting

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Featured image – duplicates / universal import setting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Neil
    Participant

Hello,

We have just started using Eventbrite Tickets with Event Calendar Pro to import events from our Eventbrite account. I noticed in the WP media library that images were being duplicated every time an event post in WordPress (post import) was being updated.

Found the place to controlling this behaviour in the WordPress Event edit: ‘When this post is updated, how do you want the featured image to be handled?’

By default it chooses ‘Import the event image from eventbrite.com and overwrite the local one’. That would be fine except it’s creating duplicates of the same image.

Our preferred option here is ‘Never syncronize the plugin’ [typo here to correct in the plugin!] because once we’ve imported from eventbrite the image imported won’t change and doesn’t get duplicated with this option.

So would you be able to either look at the duplicating issue or just create a universal import option so we can choose a default here, eg. ‘Never synchronize…’, for all new eventbrite imports?

Many thanks, Neil.

Hunter

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your post. I see the merit in your request. We actually have a feature report aimed to improve the global Eventbrite import settings, so I added this forum thread to the report which increases the likeliness it will get developed. I also recommend visiting our UserVoice Feature Ideas and submitting it there too.

Thanks again and have a great evening. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Neil!

Just wanted to share with you that the new release of Eventbrite Tickets 4.5 is out! You will now have much more control when importing Eventbrite.com events into your site.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/release-the-events-calendar-4-6-18-and-eventbrite-tickets-4-5/

As always, we recommend using a staging site to test new versions before updating on a live site > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-using-wordpress-staging-site/

Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if anything comes up.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured image – duplicates / universal import setting’ is closed to new replies.