Featured image – don't show on event page option?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Featured image – don't show on event page option?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    CathyAnn
    Participant

I would like the option of suppressing the featured image from displaying on the event page. It is easier foe me to control how the image displays by adding it to the content and wrapping the text to my liking. Is there a simple workaround for that? I tried options to use a custom field and adding functions to handle that, but can’t seem to get it to work.

Thanks in advance.

Geoff

Hi there, CathyAnn! thanks for getting in touch and I hope you’ve been enjoying the plugins so far. 🙂

Good question. Yes, it is definitely possible to remove the featured image from appearing on the event post. To do this, we’ll need to override the single-event.php template:

• Make a copy of the file. It’s located at /plugins/the-events-calendar/views/single-event.php
    • Make a new folder in your theme directory called tribe-events
    • Drop the copied file in that folder

Now that the template is in the theme files, you can customize it to suit your needs. In this case, remove this line from the template:

<?php echo tribe_event_featured_image( $event_id, 'full', false ); ?>

Does this help? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hi there, CathyAnn!Just checking in to see if you still needed any assistance here or had any update–please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

CathyAnn
    Participant

The solution you offered worked perfectly! Thanks for your help with this!

Geoff

Awesome! I’m so glad that helped. Thanks for following up and letting me know. 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but do please feel free to start a new one if anything else pops up–we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured image – don't show on event page option?’ is closed to new replies.