Featured Image Changes in plug-in not being synced with Eventbrite Event

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Featured Image Changes in plug-in not being synced with Eventbrite Event

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    stevenmilstein
    Participant

This is a follow-up to a previously Closed but unresolved Support Ticket with the same Subject. I waited for the major updates before reopening the matter.

Problem: The Feature Image from http://startupbreakfastclub.com/event/montreal-startup-breakfast-club-for-2015-09-01/ does not update the embedded image on https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/montreal-startup-breakfast-club-for-2015-09-01-tickets-17770320507.

While there seems to be a Event Image link on the Eventbrite Edit page, clicking it has no affect.

Is there a way to sync the Feature Image. (I saw in another post, that it can be disabled.)

Thanks

Nico

Hi Steven,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about this unresolved issue šŸ™

Right now, the ‘Event Image’ in EventBrite is set as the ‘Featured Image’ in WordPress when the event is imported. But if you edit the ‘Featured Image’ in WP -as you correctly point out- it won’t update the ‘Event Image’ in EB.

I’ve added this as a feature request just last week per suggestion of another customer, but I can’t say when that will be addressed yet, but surely it’s under our radar. I will update the ticket mentioning your case too.

While there seems to be a Event Image link on the Eventbrite Edit page, clicking it has no affect.

Now, this seems rather strange to me and I’ll be taking a look. Any particular steps to reproduce this or just syncing the event and then going back to edit it in EventBrite?

Thanks for your patience on this,
    Best,
    Nico

stevenmilstein
    Participant

Nico,

The only step I missed out was that I create new Eventbrite events by
    copying past ones. I then use the plugin to Import form Eventbrite. So the
    Feature Image is the one that was originally updated by the plugin to the
    original Eventbrite event.

Since there’s no immediate fix for this, I could either 1) Use Eventbrite
    to Unpublished the September event & create a new one from scratch, or, 2)
    remove the the Feature Image from Eventbrite (I saw a post with some code to do that.)

Option 1 is OK if there’ll be a fix within the next couple of months.
    Option 2 – assuming the code is valid, will save me from having to create
    new events every time

Do you have any suggestions? Can you verify the code in the post?

Thanks

Nico

Steven,

Thanks for the follow-up!

Option 1 is OK if thereā€™ll be a fix within the next couple of months.

I think there will be, but I can’t give you dates on that.

Option 2 ā€“ assuming the code is valid, will save me from having to create

The code seems to be working, please give it try and let me know if it works for you until the fix is released.

Best,
    Nico

Leah

Hi there,

We wanted to check in here and update you on our progress. Although we werenā€™t able to address your issue in our upcoming release (3.11) we do still have it on our radar. Thank you for your patience while we continue working on a fix for the problem you reported. We will do our best to keep you posted when we have a solution in place. In the meantime, if you need help or find that the issue you reported here is no longer a problem, please feel free to start another thread.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,
    Leah
    and the rest of The Events Calendar team

stevenmilstein
    Participant

Leah, thanks for following-up.

I tried the code change suggested July 16 but it left a broken image in Eventbrite. Is it possible the plugin “broke” the Eventbrite page because the “Event Image” link doesn’t work?

Do you have any workarounds to remove the image & it’s link?

Thanks,
    Steven

Nico

Hi Steven,

Sorry to hear this is still unresolved šŸ™

Is it possible the plugin ā€œbrokeā€ the Eventbrite page because the ā€œEvent Imageā€ link doesnā€™t work?

Maybe the ‘copied’ events in EvenBrite are the cause, not sure. Did you tried with a new EventBrite event (I mean not a copy of a past one)?

Do you have any workarounds to remove the image & itā€™s link?

To remove it from the WordPress Event or to remove it from the EvenBrite one?

hanks for your patience so far,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hi there,

I wanted to drop in here and let you know that a fix for this problem is included in our upcoming release. Keep an eye on your Updates page for the new version and watch our blog for the release notes post.

If you experience any issues after updating your plugins to the new versions, please open a new thread in the forum and weā€™d be happy to take a look.

Thank you for your patience while we expand and improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured Image Changes in plug-in not being synced with Eventbrite Event’ is closed to new replies.