Featured Events and plugin Posts Table Pro

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Featured Events and plugin Posts Table Pro

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tony Bell.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tony Bell
    Participant

I git very interested in the Posts Table Pro plugin which you publicised in your latest newsletter. We would like to utilise thius plugin but ideally want to highlight our ‘featured events’ in a different as we do at present.

I asked the question of the developers of Posts Table Pro and they have refered the question back to you! Below is the conversation I had with Katie: (can you answer her questions?)

Tony Bell
    April 18, 2018
    This looks more than a bit interesting for our entertainments website which has details of over 2,000 live events in our area. My one question is about ‘featured events’. The Events Calendar Pro allows us to highlight ‘featured events’ in a different colour, is it possible to highlight featured events in Posts Table Pro?

Katie Keith
    April 18, 2018 Reply
    Hi Tony, if ‘Featured events’ are stored as either a custom field or taxonomy then if you can find out the correct terminology then you can use Posts Table Pro to create a table listing featured events only. You will need to ask Events Calendar support if it’s a custom field and taxonomy and if so, what the custom field/taxonomy slug is and what is stored in the database when an event is marked as featured (e.g. a featured event might have the term ‘1’ rather than ‘0’, but that’s a complete guess and you will need to check).

If the featured label isn’t a custom field or taxonomy then you will need to create your own (see this tutorial for instructions). You can then use this new field to label your featured events instead, and display them using Posts Table Pro.

Let me know if you find out and I can add it to this tutorial!

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Tony!

Thanks for reaching out! I will try to help you with this question.

Whether an event is featured or not is stored in the post meta. The meta key associated with this setting is “_tribe_featured” and stores a boolean value.

To access the information in php, you could do the following:

$is_featured = get_post_meta( $event_id, "_tribe_featured", true );

You just need the event id in the first argument.

Hope that helps! Le me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured Events and plugin Posts Table Pro’ is closed to new replies.