Feature Request

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Feature Request

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kyle
    Participant

When I read ‘MU Compatible’ on the community events info page I thought it would work in a more network-oriented way. A nice feature would be able to have a single ‘my events’ page for subscribers so that they don’t have to go to /events/community/list on every subsite to check their events. I am having a custom loop developed that checks the database and returns the links to the pages, but it costs more than the plugin. It would be great to see this added as an official feature in the updates.

Also, it would be cool to change the labels for the terms ‘venue’ ‘event’ ‘organizer’ (e.g. location, service, customer)

Rob

Thanks for the note here, Kyle – solid ideas on all fronts. I can see your point on the MU aspect and we’re in fact ultimately working towards exactly what you’ve noted here (more with the core Events plugin, which will of course extend over to the add-ons as well).

For the labels: have you tried modifying them for the core Events plugin to see if that carries over to Community? If not, couldn’t changing the language files allow for a workaround solution?

Kyle
    Participant

Rob-thanks for the respnse. Good to hear about the mu stuff, looking forward to the updates

I ate my words on the labels a bit because I had missed the feature about creating an ‘events’ directory to easily modify files in the views folder without fear of update-override. That offered the possibility to customize much more than just labels.

With that there was one thing I would love a little help on if a developer has a free minute sometime this week: the tooltip popups for the widget, is there a code I could drop in to the tribe_mini_display_day function in table-mini.php that would add start/end times to the tool tip like in the full size calendar? I am having trouble trying to add that in

Rob

Glad to be of service, Kyle. Also awesome to hear you got the labels issue figured out.

You should be able to customize the mini calendar display pretty extensively, if I understand what you’re going for here. Have you checked out Jonah’s guidance in a thread that seems related to yours (specifically… https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/mini-calendar-pop-up-size/)? Let me know if that doesn’t point you in the right direction here or if I misunderstood what you were going for and I can adjust my response. Cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Feature Request’ is closed to new replies.