Feature request: alt data storage method for significant performance increase

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Feature request: alt data storage method for significant performance increase

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    thecolumbian
    Participant

Hello friends at Modern Tribe; I have a recommendation for you. An absolute killer way to speed up how fast your plugin runs in a WordPress site: move the data out from the WordPress post meta and store it in dedicated database tables instead.

Woocommerce just did this and I think all plugin developers who potentially have a lot of data to store should, too:

WooCommerce Custom Product Tables Plugin Now in Beta, Boasts 30% Faster Page Loads

They’re claiming a 30% boost but I ran some tests after migrating test data on a development site with your plugins and I easily got even better performance increase benchmarks! This is a really good idea that you guys would greatly benefit from implementing because the more events that are stored using the current method results with the more bogged down a site becomes. In our case, our events site has become unbearably slow and has to be corrected with a lot of caching and other means to make the site even usable.

This alternative data storage method would make everyone’s sites so much faster and I ask if you guys would consider following in WooCommerce’s steps for the easy major performance improvement? Thanks for all the great work you guys do; it really is so highly appreciated and I hope I can give back to you by recommending something that would severely improve the quality of your product even more than it already is!!

Hi Brandon,

Thanks so much for reaching out and thank you for your feedback!

You can also add this idea to our Feature Requests, as we tend to implement ideas based on customer feedback, so your input is greatly appreciated:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Feature request: alt data storage method for significant performance increase’ is closed to new replies.