Feature image not displaying thumbnail

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Feature image not displaying thumbnail

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Afsana
    Participant

Hi there

The event feature image is not displaying as the thumbnail image in the Events widget.
    What could be causing this to happen? Below are some customisations I made to the Event Feature image.

Is there an alternative to the Events Widget? I feel it is a bit restricted. We would like to feature events but this probably works on the last 3 uploaded.

#tribe-events-content.tribe-events-single .cmsms_single_event_inner {
      /* padding-bottom: 30px; */
      position: relative;
      overflow: hidden;
    }

#tribe-events-content.tribe-events-single .cmsms_single_event_inner .cmsms_single_event_img .tribe-events-event-image img {
      width: 100%;
      height: 100%;
      position: absolute;
      top: 0;
      left: 0;
    padding-bottom:0px;
    }

#tribe-events-content.tribe-events-single .cmsms_single_event_meta {
      padding: 0px;
    }

George
    Participant

Hi Afsana,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

1. Can you clarify exactly what you mean about the featured image not displaying as a thumbnail? Do you mean the image is not showing up at all? Or do you mean that it’s showing up, but is too large to be a “thumbnail” image?

2. Also, can you share a link to a page on your site where we can see the Events Widget on your site in action?

Now, for two last questions:

3. What happens when you remove the customizations you’ve made, that you posted here? Be sure you keep a backup of these customizations so that you can add them back right after testing – but just temporarily remove them. What do you find? How do things look?

4. When you ask “Is there an alternative to the Events Widget?”, what exactly to you mean? Do you mean another widget? If you feel restricted by the default layout and want more control, keep in mind that you can completely modify the appearance of events widgets by customizing the template files in the /views/widgets folder of the /the-events-calendar plugin files on your site. You can learn more about customizing plugin views by reading our official Themer’s Guide here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/?source=tri.be

Cheers!
    George

Afsana
    Participant

Hi George

I removed the custom code as per the suggestion, and the thumbnail still does not appear.

The website URL is:http://www.nodangerdiaries.com/joy/

Similar to the demo, I wanted to feature a few events on the homepage. Here is a screenshot of what I am trying to fix

Afsana
    Participant

Thank you. I found this article which was exactly what I wanted to do:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/add-thumbnails-to-upcoming-events-list-widget/

George
    Participant

Great! Best of luck with your site 🙂

George

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Feature image not displaying thumbnail’ is closed to new replies.