Feature detail list somewhere?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Feature detail list somewhere?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jack Kelly

Hello,

I have been tasked with identifying a WordPress plugin that could replace our existing PHP learning calendar system. This plugin looks interesting but I’m unable to find a nice list of all its features. Is it possible for someone to indicate which of the requirements we have listed below are handled by your plugin? Thanks

User Requirements
    – system will be able to present events that require registration alongside those that don’t
    – system allows classes and events to have supplemental docs attached (Word, Excel, PDF, PPT, links)

Deliverables (roughly in priority order)
    1. Users can sign up for one or more classes
    2. Maintainer can view classes by day, date, time, month, year, title, unique ID
    3. Maintainer can add, modify, delete classes
    4. Maintainer can change or cancel a class and attendees are notified
    5. Maintainer can email changes or cancellations to class instructors separately from attendees
    6. Users receive email notification after signup
    7. Maintainer can print class rosters
    8. Maintainer can gather basic usage statistics by class, date, and user
    9. Users are able to add event to their Exchange or Google calendar after signup
    10. Maintainer can “save as” from existing class record
    11. Maintainer can search by keyword
    12. Users can cancel attendance

Leah

Hi Jack,

Thanks for getting in touch and for your interest in our plugin. I’ll do my best to get all your questions answered. You might also want to check out our new user primers for Events Calendar PRO and WooTickets. Those have a lot of information and video walk-throughs. You can also check out our demo site.

– system will be able to present events that require registration alongside those that don’t

This depends on what you mean by events that require registration. You can list events with tickets available alongside open, non-ticketed events. There is not a built in feature to restrict some events to logged-in users, although that is achievable with some custom coding and/or a third party plugin.

– system allows classes and events to have supplemental docs attached (Word, Excel, PDF, PPT, links)

Yes. Events are custom post-types, so you can add pictures, rich text, attachments, etc. as you can with a regular WordPress post.

1. Users can sign up for one or more classes

With WooTickets, users can buy tickets for individual events on individual dates. They may add multiple tickets to their cart before checkout. Events Calendar PRO does have Recurring Event functionality, but this functionality is not yet 100% integrated with WooTickets. It is not possible at this time for users to buy a ticket or sign up for a recurring event such as a semester long class. Tickets must be created for individual event instances.

2. Maintainer can view classes by day, date, time, month, year, title, unique ID

Admins can view events on the back end of the site and sort by title, venue, organizer, event category, author, start date, or end date.

3. Maintainer can add, modify, delete classes

Yes.

4. Maintainer can change or cancel a class and attendees are notified

I don’t believe this is an option currently, although we may add it in the future.

5. Maintainer can email changes or cancellations to class instructors separately from attendees

Using class instructors would require listing them as event organizers or with a custom field. However, neither option includes email notifications.

6. Users receive email notification after signup

Currently users get a PDF ticket to the event. Our next version will include more customizing options for the e-ticket.

7. Maintainer can print class rosters

Our next WooTickets release will include an option to print event Attendee Lists.

8. Maintainer can gather basic usage statistics by class, date, and user

There are no built-in features regarding data or statistics, although you may be able to achieve this with third-party plugin.

9. Users are able to add event to their Exchange or Google calendar after signup

All events can be added to Google Calendar or iCal with an easy one-click button.

10. Maintainer can “save as” from existing class record

There is not a “save as” option built in, but you can duplicate an existing event using a third-party plugin that duplicated posts.

11. Maintainer can search by keyword

Admins can search events by keyword on the backend.

12. Users can cancel attendance

I do not believe that this is possible other than the user simply emailing the event administrator.

I hope that will help make your decision. If you have further questions, just let me know.

Cheers,
    Leah

Jack Kelly

Hi Leah,
    Thanks for the quick response to my user requirements. One of them was not clear to me so I had to get some clarification on it.
    #1. Users can sign up for one or more classes
    should be
    1. Users can sign up for one or more classes from the same session/screen.
    Is this possible? Does the plugin provide a public access page with all available events selectable?

And for item #6, users get an email after signup, you mention that a PDF ticket is emailed. Earlier in your post you mention some events could be set up to not require tickets. If the event does not require a ticket, does this plugin send an email confirmation?

Thanks again for your help,
    Jack

Leah

Hi Jack,

1. Users can sign up for one or more classes from the same session/screen.
    Is this possible? Does the plugin provide a public access page with all available events selectable?

Users can only buy a ticket for an event from the individual events page. This does not allow users to buy tickets to multiple classes from one screen. You can see an example here. There is a listing of all the events together, but you still need to click the individual events to buy a ticket.

If the event does not require a ticket, does this plugin send an email confirmation?

Email confirmations are only for tickets. However, you can make tickets that are free so people can sign up for free events. In that case they would receive a confirmation. There is not currently a way for people to sign up or RSVP to an event without some sort of ticket.

Does that clarify things?

~Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Feature detail list somewhere?’ is closed to new replies.