FB Events – Organizer & Venue new for every Event.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO FB Events – Organizer & Venue new for every Event.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bernhardprange
    Participant

Hi,
    I am importing FB Events from various locations. I just found out, every time there is a new event, venue and location are beeing newly created instead of using the former posts.

You can see the mess on http://www.kassel.guru/veranstaltungen

I think this is a bug. Please fix.

Barry

Hi Bernhard,

The importer will always try to re-use previously imported venue and organizers, however this hinges on them truly being the same entity on Facebook (and not merely sharing some/most of the same details).

Can you point me to a couple of the different Facebook events you have imported from so I can try to evaluate if each venue is actually the same entity?

Upon making a quick test (where I know the venues for a series of different events are genuinely one and the same) I don’t see the problem occuring – but I can certainly look into it and checkout the actual events used in your scenario.

(I also note your license for Facebook Events seems to have expired, so though we’re always interested in bug reports there may be a limit to how much help we can extend here.)

Thanks!

bernhardprange
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Bernhard,

I seem unable to login using those credentials, but in any case it would be easiest to get a couple of examples of Facebook URLs where the events share a common venue, organizer or both but have resulted in the creation of duplicate venue/organizer entries locally.

Would it be possible to send some links?

Thanks!

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘FB Events – Organizer & Venue new for every Event.’ is closed to new replies.