FB Auto import partially working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator FB Auto import partially working

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    media325
    Participant

Originally no imports happened automatically. I enabled Cron in wp-config.php and now out of approximately 25 events which show up as needing importing if I go to manually import them, only one or two import automatically.

I am able to import manually but there are many alerts posted when doing so.
    Facebook API Error: Unsupported get request. “Please read the Graph API documentation at https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api”
    comes up multiple times. Some of which come up when FB ids have events

“Facebook API Error: (#803) Cannot query users by their username (backbeat.beatles.1):
    Facebook API Error: (#803) Cannot query users by their username (thegetbackband)
    though that is the correct FB ids.
    When actually manually running the import I also get image related errors.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi media325,

Sorry for the troubles you are having with importing events. I can help clarify some of these errors.

First the Automatic Imports does reply on the wp-cron so that needs to be active for them to work.

“Facebook API Error: Unsupported get request.”

You are dealing with an Age or Country Restricted Event. Pages or Events that are run by Bars or related activities have an age restriction place on them by Facebook. Unfortunately, that means the Facebook API cannot import those events without changing the restriction setting. See instructions below on how to change that setting.

How to Change Age Restriction on a Page
    Event with Age Restrictions cannot be imported in to your Event Calendar due to the Facebook API. However, you maybe to change the restrictions on the Page with the events yourself to import them.

If you are an admin of the Facebook Page or can contact the admin then you can head to your Facebook Page with the age restriction. Click on the Settings Tab and look for the Age Restrictions Box.Change the setting to Anyone(13+) and click save and try to import events again from your website. Not all Pages will be able to change this setting if Facebook considers it to be an alcohol related page or an adult page.

Facebook Profile

“Facebook API Error: (#803) Cannot query users by their username (backbeat.beatles.1):
    Facebook API Error: (#803) Cannot query users by their username (thegetbackband)”

This error is caused due to a limitation in the Facebook API that prevent automatic imports from Facebook Profiles. That only works with Facebook Pages or Organizations. For events in Facebook Profiles you can only import them manually by the event id.

Image Errors

When actually manually running the import I also get image related errors.

That is a warning we are working to fix in the next release. In the mean time you can add this filter to your theme’s function.php to fix it. That error does not prevent events from being imported.

add_filter( 'tribe_fb_event_img', 'fb_import_image_ext_fix' );

function fb_import_image_ext_fix( $event_picture ) {
    	if ( ! is_array( $event_picture ) ) return $event_picture;
    	if ( ! isset( $event_picture['url'] ) ) return $event_picture;

$length = strlen( $event_picture['url'] );
    	$query_starts = strpos( $event_picture['url'], '?' );

if ( false === $query_starts ) return $event_picture;
    	if ( $query_starts < $length && $query_starts > 0 )
    		$event_picture['url'] = substr( $event_picture['url'], 0, $query_starts );

return $event_picture;
    }

Let me know if that answers your issues.

media325
    Participant

Thank you that clears up many of the issues.
    However the auto import is still and issue, I have the cron enabled so it is active however I still have the issue with only one or two events being imported. Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Glad that fixes some of the issues. Let us see about the other one.

What are you settings for the Automatic Imports on this Tab:

Events > Settings >Facebook Tab

Also can you provide me with two of the Facebook Page Usernames in a private reply and I will test out and see if I can get them to work.

And on this page

Events > Import: Facebook

Are the events list under the Pages and the ones not importing are not checked correct?

Let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks

media325
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for the information.

I am running tests on my site and could not get the events for “Events from American English Beatles Tribute:” to Automatic Import. It was the same for about the lower third of events for Beatlemania.

I tried on the first event from “Events from American English Beatles Tribute:” a manual import by checking the box and it gave me an error about the Facebook Image. I am checking to see if that is the cause of the Automatic Imports from working or there is another issue. I will let you know when I have some more information for you.

Thanks

media325
    Participant

Thank you

Brian
    Keymaster

Just wanted to give you a quick update.

Still looking into the issue. I was able to reproduce the issue with Beatlemania and not having all the events are import.

For the other username it did not load any events, but now that Facebook page no longer has any events either so not sure what happened there.

I was able though to manually import any of the events, which does not help narrow this down any.

So still looking into this, but it is slow going as I am waiting on the Crons to run.

I will let you know when I have more.

Thanks

media325
    Participant

Thanks I appreciate the update

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello media325,

I have done some tests and think I have narrowed down the problem.

It looks like if the system tries to import events and gets a gateway timeout error it stops importing.

Then when it runs again it does not recognize that it has already imported events because of the timeout error and then stops again at the same point each time without importing new events.

Not sure why this is doing it, but I am going to create a ticket for the developers to take a look and see what they find out. Not sure if this is fixable by a snippet or have to change more coding then that.

For now I’d recommend manually importing the events that have not come through by checking them on the Events > Import: Facebook Page and then clicking import events.

Let me know if you have any more information otherwise early next week I will close this ticket and add it to our bug report as there will be done else I can do then, but as soon as we have something we will update you by this ticket.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Leah

Hi there,

Thank you for your support and patience while we worked on this issue. We are happy announce that we have incorporated a fix into our upcoming 3.10 release. Keep an eye out for a release announcement on our site and for updates available on your WordPress dashboard.

While we have thoroughly tested this release and are confident of its quality, it is impossible to account for every edge case in the wide world of WordPress. If you run into trouble with the new version or you don’t see your reported issue corrected, please start a new thread and we will be happy to work with you.

Thanks again for your patience here. We’re excited to get this version out the door and into your hands!

Best,
    The Events Calendar Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘FB Auto import partially working’ is closed to new replies.