Faulty Split Payments use for Membership products

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Faulty Split Payments use for Membership products

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Albert
    Participant

I encountered a situation that a customer incorrectly used PayPal Split Payments during checkout for a Membership Subscription. The transaction went through, emailed admin the order and showed payment received, without having a PayPal account or paying for the product. I even received the Membership activation when the order was processed.

Cliff

Hi, Albert.

Sorry you had this happen unexpectedly.

I see from your System Information report that you’re using WooCommerce Memberships.

Have you been able to replicate this behavior or could you provide us the step-by-step to reproduce this issue?

If you share an annotated screenshot or video screen capture, it might help communicate what you’re seeing and what exactly the issue is.

Also, would you please add the following code snippet to your site, try to replicate the issue again, and then share the log file’s results?

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/aa9a01c1935e2b2c0b3c5ee788416fdf

This will give us a lot of extra information to help diagnose any possible problem.

Albert
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Gotcha. I now understand the issue is that the PayPal Split Payments is appearing as a checkout option for users at WooCommerce’s checkout page.

For reference, line 136 of /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events-tickets/src/Tribe/Main.php is where the payment gateway gets added. If you comment out that line, this bug should go away… but I’m uncertain if the split payment functionality that Community Tickets enables would still work or not. You may want to try it though.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Albert!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 24 July 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-24-july-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Faulty Split Payments use for Membership products’ is closed to new replies.