Fatal error when trying to install 4.3 beta

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Fatal error when trying to install 4.3 beta

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

I’m trying to test out 4.3 beta as we need the ability to insert the full calendar in multiple places. However, I’m getting the following error when trying to install the-events-calendar-4-3-rc2: https://gyazo.com/97d31cbcabc9210a49b8f23e338740c1

Do we need to uninstall the existing plugins first? We have The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar Pro and Community Events installed.

Geoff

Hey Dave!

Sorry for the trouble here getting the beta up and running. I’m stoked to hear you’re giving it a test drive though because we’re really excited about it. 🙂

The release candidate does require you to deactivate and remove the existing versions of any of our plugins. So, for example, you will want to deactivate all the calendar plugins, delete, then install the RC versions one-by-one, most likely in this order:

• The Events Calendar
    • Events Calendar PRO
    • …then any others

Please give that a try and, if you’re still running into trouble, it would be awesome if you could post it over on our beta forum so we can continue the conversation over there. We’re trying to keep all feedback and issues related to the RC there instead of here where we only support official releases.

Thanks a ton and I hope this helps!

Geoff

Dave
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

Dave
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

How close are you to putting 4.3 into production? Is it still planned for next week?

Dave
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hey Dave, thanks for following up!

The 4.3 release has been pushed back a bit, but we’re still aiming for the middle of October.

Can you point me to the thread you opened in the beta forum? I see this one, but it is dated 9/19 and doesn’t appear to be a report. If you send me the link I will follow up directly with the beta team and they will be able to respond from there.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal error when trying to install 4.3 beta’ is closed to new replies.