Fatal Error When Activating Plugin

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Fatal Error When Activating Plugin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

On Thursday of last week, my hosting service automatically installed WP 4.2.2 to handle the XSS security issue. I opened tickets with the WordPress team. I had recently installed your update for my EventCal Eventbrite plugin, which had been working pretty well. I also then took the Eventbrite plugin update, which promptly took down my entire site, including access to Admin. I immediately FTPd in and renamed the Eventbrite plugin directory with a “2” suffix, and my site came back.

This afternoon, I tried to reactivate the plugin – it failed with the following fatal error appearing on the WP Plugin page:
    “Fatal error: Can’t use function return value in write context in /home3/hbycorg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/lib/tribe-eventbrite.class.php on line 412.

Any clues? Help?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having I can help out.

Please update to Eventbrite 3.9.4 to resolve the fatal error. That error occurs in 3.9.3 when running on PHP below 5.5

Also, look for Eventbrite 3.9.5 in the next couple of days to further improve the plugin after the API change two weeks ago.

Let me know how that works out.

Thanks

Tom
    Participant

Brian,

Thanks for your reply. I’m going to pull down 3.9.4 (as you described) and I’m looking forward to your 3.9.5 update, too. I logged into my hosting provider to see if I should upgrade to a higher level of PHP, and discovered I’m already running on PHP 5.4.40… so lets see when I upgrade the Plugin.

I’ll post a reply either way, shortly.

Thanks – Tom C.

Tom
    Participant

Brian,

That worked like a charm.

I was able to pull down the newest version of the Plugin, recreated all necessary keys from Eventbrite, and was happy to find that all of my previous work was retained… so I’m good.

Thanks for the quick (and very accurate) advice!!

Thanks – Tom C.

Brian
    Keymaster

Great, glad that helps.

We also just launched 3.9.5 so look for that update.

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal Error When Activating Plugin’ is closed to new replies.