Fatal error message

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Fatal error message

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    harmonymedia
    Participant

Fatal error: Can’t use function return value in write context in /home4/jcindy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro.bak/src/functions/template-tags/venue.php on line 97

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Catherine,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry about this error message creeping up on you.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

You have stumbled upon a glitch impacting all WordPress users that are using a version of PHP that is older than 5.6 (which is WordPress recommended minimum PHP version).

Fortunately, we have a temporary fix:

• You can head to line 97 of events-calendar-pro/src/functions/template-tags/venue.php from this: return ! empty( tribe_get_events( $args ) ); to this $tribe_events = tribe_get_events( $args );
      return ! empty( $tribe_events );

And even better, you can simply upgrade Pro to 4.3.1.1 since we have released a fix for this.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

harmonymedia
    Participant

Hey Geoff,

Thanks for the quick reply and the information.

I downloaded, installed and activated the new version Pro 4.3.1.1. The old version is still installed but not activated. If I delete the old version will I lose the data (ie existing events already on the calendar)?

Cat

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Cat,

That is a great question.

Deleting the old version will not delete events in place.
    That being said, it is still good practice to do a database backup before attempting anything.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal error message’ is closed to new replies.