Fatal Error for Facebook Event Activiation

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Fatal Error for Facebook Event Activiation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Julie
    Participant

Hi there,

I just purchased the license for the Facebook Events 4.2 plug-in, to run off my free version of The Events Calendar 4.2 install.

Tried uploading it through the WP uploader, but get this error:

Could not copy file. the-events-calendar-facebook-importer/lang/tribe-fb-import-nn_NO.po

So… tried FTP. FTP install seemed to work but once I activate the plugin it brings down my site (HTTP 500 error).

Any suggestions? This may be related to the pinned post about known fatal errors, but thought to mention it in case it’s a plug-in issue. It could very well be a permissions error on the server but some guidance would be helpful.

Thanks!
    Julie

Josh
    Participant

Hey Julie,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

This sounds like it is a bit different than the other errors that we have mentioned and noticed prior. Do you have a way to check the server logs (or reach out to your hosting provider to check the logs) to get a little more information on what specifically caused the error?

If it was due to a partial plugin upload, you would see a white screen that we could turn on debugging for and get more detail on where things went wrong. However, since it was a 500 error it doesn’t sound like a partial plugin issue here.

Thanks!

Julie
    Participant

Well… jumping back into this task tonight I deleted and reinstalled the plugin via FTP… activated it and… it worked! I did nothing different than yesterday (in fact I deleted and re-uploaded it several times yesterday), but you know what they say: “Have you restarted your computer?” I guess that’s all it needed, a little breather.

Thanks for the quick reply Josh!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Julie,

Awesome! Glad you were able to get this one worked out!

It’s possible that the server where your site is hosted may have been experiencing a little more traffic or an larger than normal loads and causing some timeouts when trying to process those particular requests.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal Error for Facebook Event Activiation’ is closed to new replies.