Fatal error: Call to undefined method WP_Admin_Bar::add_group()

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Fatal error: Call to undefined method WP_Admin_Bar::add_group()

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

I still can’t find an answer for this. It only happened when I upgraded to the new version of both plugs. PLEASE someone let me email you a login to get inside and look. I can’t find a previous version to install, either; I would do that to solve it.

http://www.kbmq.org

Fatal error: Call to undefined method WP_Admin_Bar::add_group() in /home/wwwkbmq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lib/the-events-calendar.class.php on line 2556

Joyce Grace

Hello Rob, your site looks like it’s working now – is everything ok?

Are you saying you get this error message if you try to update the plugins? Are the plugins active now?

Can you please make sure and confirm with me that you’ve done all of the following to rule out the most common causes for these errors?

1. Are you running the latest version of WordPress?
    2. Are you running the latest versions of our plugins (2.0.7)?
    3. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins to rule out a conflict?
    4. Have you tried reverting to the Twenty Eleven theme to see if it’s something with your theme?
    5. Try setting your permalinks to ‘postname’ in Settings > Permalinks?
    6. Try refreshing your permalinks by visiting Settings > Permalinks (it does it automatically)?
    7. Try increasing the PHP memory for your website: http://www.dailyblogging.org/wordpress/increase-wordpress-memory-limit/?

Thanks!

Rob
    Participant

Yes to all of the above. It’s only EC & ECP. No, I haven’t updated WordPress. I’m too scared to with my theme, but it’s worked until I updated EC & ECP. Can I revert to a previous version of these two?

On a side note, I found the b.scorecardresearch.com cookie and deleted it; that helped temporarily, but I don’t think the two are directly related.

Rob
    Participant

And, strangely enough, I can only see this happening in Chrome on my computer; don’t know if that makes a difference as well.

Joyce Grace

Hello Rob, I would say that you definitely need to try updating WordPress. You should do that before you try updating plugins. See this post by WordPress expert Joost De Valk: http://yoast.com/upgrade-wordpress/

If you really are afraid, I would make a backup of your site first (you should be doing that anyway, have you tried subscribing to VaultPress.com or Backup Buddy by iThemes?).

The version of WordPress you’re on shouldn’t make changes to your theme. It is your Theme that needs to stay up to date with WordPress. Have you created a child theme folder to protect your theme from future updates? Please try that as well.

Let me know if this still happens when you update WordPress.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal error: Call to undefined method WP_Admin_Bar::add_group()’ is closed to new replies.