Fatal error: Call to undefined function tribe_get_custom_field()

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Fatal error: Call to undefined function tribe_get_custom_field()

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    trextechnologies
    Participant

Apparently, after updating our Events Calendar Pro plugin last night to 4.4.32, the developers of this plugin decided to deprecate functionality which broke a lot of things on our site that was using the Events Calendar PRO plugin. Can’t say it’s giving me much confidence about purchasing this plugin if stuff is going to break on updates.

trextechnologies
    Participant

I have resolved this issue, but when I need to spend time fixing a tool that I am paying for, I usually don’t recommend it to my customers, and it makes me not want to use it on future builds because I need to go back and fix everyone’s sites that it was implemented on.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry that you were running into this issue following the update – the tribe_get_custom_field function was deprecated, but you can use tribe_get_custom_fields, which will grab an array of all of the fields at once. I did a search for the old function through our code just to make sure there weren’t any residual references to the old function, but I wasn’t seeing any – It sounds like you might have had some customizations in place that were using the old function?

We do our best to keep our documentation up-to-date to reflect changes like this, but for future reference, the best way to stay aware of changes like this is our maintenance release page. For now, I’m glad to hear that you were able to get this resolved! If you run into any other issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal error: Call to undefined function tribe_get_custom_field()’ is closed to new replies.