Fatal Error after Update – please help

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Fatal Error after Update – please help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pui Ling Chan
    Participant

Fatal error: Can’t use function return value in write context in /home/ttlearning/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/functions/template-tags/venue.php on line 97

How can I fix this?

Hugh Gower
    Participant

I have the exact same issue, just updated and it took the site down. I restored the backed up version of venue.php for now and the site’s back up, but I need a fix for this, not sure what the result of having the old venue.php file in there will be.

Christine Bruckmann
    Participant

I had this happen to me too. Waiting to see how to fix this.

Zach Tirrell
    Keymaster

We will be shipping a hotfix for this as soon as possible.

This is a compatibility issue with PHP 5.2. While we do try to support old versions of PHP 5.2, because WordPress itself does, using out-of-date versions of software like this is bad for security and site performance.

You have two options for a temporary fix:

• You can head to line 97 of events-calendar-pro/src/functions/template-tags/venue.php from this:return ! empty( tribe_get_events( $args ) );

to this:

$tribe_events = tribe_get_events( $args );
      return ! empty( $tribe_events );

• Or you can delete The Events Calendar 4.3.1.1 and Events Calendar Pro 4.3.1 from your site and temporarily re-install versions 4.3 of both plugins until we release a fix for this issue—which we will do promptly and are working on as I type this response.

Thank you so much for your patience! Please let us know if you have further questions on this matter or anything else we can try to help with.

Zach Tirrell
    Keymaster

The Events Calendar PRO 4.3.1.1 hotfix is now available and is targeted at exclusively fixing this bug. You can either auto-update to that version or grab it from the downloads in your account – https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

Let me know if you need any other assistance.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal Error after Update – please help’ is closed to new replies.