Fatal error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Fatal error

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brock
    Participant

I am getting a fatal error message on my homepage. All of the interior pages work… the events page works fine and the ticket sales are also working. I deactivated the events calendar plugin and the error went away. So it is def the calendar. The site was working fine earlier today and then all of a sudden we got this error. I dont want to remove and reinstall the plugin as we have hundreds of tickets already sold for an event. There are no theme conflicts as this was working just fine since install and is also working fine on another site that uses the same theme.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Brock!

I’m sorry to hear you are having that error. Let me help you with the troubleshooting.

I tried to reproduce the error in my local installation but failed to do so.

Could you please go to your wp-admin > Settings > Reading and select a different page for your homepage and then save? Does it work after that?

While it may look like the theme is a not an issue, please try switching to a default theme like twenty seventeen and see if any difference. This will help us narrow the problem down and locate the source of the problem.

We suggest you setup a dev/staging site so you can make all these tests without disrupting the live site. We also encourage to make a full backup of your site, both database and files so in case something goes wrong you can always restore your site.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Brock
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Brock!

Thanks for testing that out.

Do you recall this issue happening after a plugin, theme or WordPress update? If so, please try re-installing that component and see if any difference.

Are you placing any custom code anywhere on your site?

Please let me know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Brock
    Participant

No. there were no updates prior to this happening. The only thing that happened was that an event started selling tickets. The event is set up so that 200 rsvps were made available then 200 paid tickets were made available after those initial rsvps were taken. There is also a coupon code that is being distributed for 100% discount on the paid tickets. There is no custom code on the site at the moment.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Brock!

Thanks for confirming that.

The error seems to be happening on our plugin, but I’m unable to reproduce it on my end.

I noticed you mentioned having disabled The Events Calendar, which cleared the error. To make sure it’s not conflicting with another plugin, could you please try disabling all other plugins except ours? Does the error show up in those conditions?

If you see no difference in those conditions, then we’ll need to do some deeper troubleshooting.

Please let us know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Brock
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal error’ is closed to new replies.