Failed payments reduce ticket quantity – woocommerce integration

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Failed payments reduce ticket quantity – woocommerce integration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Damien
    Participant

Hi,

I have noticed that Ticket_Object.php on line 433 has an exception for rsvp with Not Going status however, orders that have a warning set (such as failed, refund) are accounted for as attending.

Is this logic correct?

Regardless, this behavior is causing my client to under sell as the ticket system is misrepresenting the true amount.

As a temporary measure I have patched the code to account for warnings – this is not ideal due to the fact that a refunded customer may still attend.

The patch looks like this:

if ( 'rsvp' === $attendee['provider_slug'] && 'no' === $attendee['order_status'] || isset($attendee['order_warning']) ) {
    continue;
    }

Would you please look at the logic and fix the ticket quantity for failed payments please?

Thank you!

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Damien.

Hi Damien,

Thanks so much for reaching out again!

What you are seeing is intentional and things are set up so that the user can make decisions about what to do if there is a refund, cancelled order, or failed payment situation.  We leave it up to the user to decide whether to increase stock manually in this situation, or to leave things as they are.  In a situation like this, you have the option to then delete the attendees, which will return your inventory back to the proper amount.

Here is our Knowledgebase article on this topic:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-cancel-tickets-order/

Please let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Failed payments reduce ticket quantity – woocommerce integration’ is closed to new replies.