Facebook URL in "Other" field is not showing correctly in the published event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Facebook URL in "Other" field is not showing correctly in the published event

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gisela Nilsson
    Participant

I have added a field called ‘Your Facebook page’ and we add the Facebook url copied from the Facebook page but when we publish, the url looks like this; it has all the HTML in it:

https://www.facebook.com/urbanbarnmarket

You can see it on this page: http://www.guidetovintage.com/event/urban-barn-market-memphis-tennessee/

At first when I add the Facebook url and try to publish, it throws an error saying it is not a proper URL (even though it is correct but I think that maybe when I publish, the page refreshes and somehow changes the url…). But then it doesn’t show up correctly anyway so I have stopped using it.

Is this a bug?

Gisela Nilsson
    Participant

(it shows correctly above but if you go to my site, you can see how it displays with all the HTML showing)

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. We have an overzealous sanitize feature that is escaping all the Additional Fields and this causes the url to show with the html tags.

We have a bug ticket in and this will be fixed in 4.0, which is still a couple months away.

In the mean time you could follow these steps from Nico to fix the issue for now:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/html-shows-as-text/#dl_post-1003968

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Gisela Nilsson
    Participant

Hi Brian,

I am going to have to wait for the fix as I am not familiar enough with the back end to change anything.

I appreciate the response and hope it it is fixed soon. Until then, I will put the URL elsehwere.

thank you,
    Gisela

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Again,

It will be fixed in the next release, which goes into beta in the next 2 weeks for testing.

I am going to close this ticket to new replies, but the issue is still open and we will update this ticket once we release a fix.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and reference this one.

Thanks

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff

Hey there,

Just poking in to let you know that this issue has been resolved and a patch will be included in Version 4.0. We expect that to release sometime today so please do keep you eyes peeled and feel free to let us know if have any other questions after updating.

Thanks for your patience while we figured this out!

Geoff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook URL in "Other" field is not showing correctly in the published event’ is closed to new replies.